ExplicitYourSelf

should i take the deal on this $209 amp

Ok here is the deal, I have a 08zx750.1 mono kicker amp & unfortunately I sent it out to kicker because I was having problems with my amp cutting off and on, when I turned up my music @ high volume.

so kicker repair center diagnosed it and told me that the pcb board was cracked so he gave me a deal of 2010 ZX 750.1 Brand New with 2 year manufacturer warranty for the price of $209.00

or to return my original amp back to me.

I was wanting your in-put whether I should get that deal for that brand new 2010 Amp for $209.00

or should I just invest my money on another amp?

The set up I have is a 12' inch L7 Kicker dvc 4ohm & I will not be upgrading to add more subwoofers

to my car audio system.

Thanks, Feedback would be great :)

I would go for the Kicker amp. It's a perfect match for your subwoofer.

Its a personal decision but I wouldnt go with the Kicker amp again, there are more amps out there if your interested (that set sub sonic filter they have on there amps bothers me, Id rather have a variable one anyday). Good amps and a steal if you do get it at that price IMO.

are they fixing your amp or are u fucked and they want u to buy another amp if they are fixing it just get your amp back no need to spend more money

are they fixing your amp or are u fucked and they want u to buy another amp if they are fixing it just get your amp back no need to spend more money

He said the PCB was cracked. If I had to guess, sounds like it was dropped causing the PCB to break.

If it's a cracked PCB it will be an expensive fix! $209 is a great price but if you have an additional $65, get the Sundown SAZ-1000D in the SSA Store for $275 shipped.

If it's a cracked PCB it will be an expensive fix! $209 is a great price but if you have an additional $65, get the Sundown SAZ-1000D in the SSA Store for $275 shipped.

:+1:

SSA Shop - Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D amplifier

SSA Store - Sundown Audio SAE-1200D Amplifier 1500+ watts

You could choose between these two, both do 600watts at 2 ohms (underrated), if your concern with power output then 750 watts vs 600 watts will not be noticed so dont put that into perspective.

I guess I don't see the point in spending 30% more for a Sundown when he explicitly stated he does not intend to upgrade or add subs. The fixed subsonic likely isn't that big of an issue. Even if he is running a ported enclosure a 25hz @ 24db/oct subsonic would likely be sufficient protection unless the enclosure is tuned ridiculously high. If he's not running a ported enclosure that's tuned ridiculously high then it's a non-issue. If he absolutely requires a variable subsonic there may be more affordable options than those Sundowns that would suite his purposes just as well.

Everyone claims Sundown is underrated......but I've never seen anyone prove it :shrug:

IMO jump on that deal for the Kicker amp. Should be an excellent match for your subwoofer at a great price (assuming you don't absolutely require a variable subsonic due to an extremely high tuned ported enclosure).

Everyone claims Sundown is underrated......but I've never seen anyone prove it shrug.gif

Well then how about proving that they aren't?

CEA Compliant from what I have read was all "Marketing Gimic"

Not trying to start an argument, would just like a better explanation on how to properly rate a mobile audio amplifier?

Everyone claims Sundown is underrated......but I've never seen anyone prove it shrug.gif

Not trying to start an argument, would just like a better explanation on how to properly rate a mobile audio amplifier?

It's not hard; The amplifiers are rated to output X wattage at X impedance with XX.X voltage input at X% distortion. I've never seen an actual test that accurately measured all four parameters to demonstrate that the amplifiers do indeed output significantly higher power than that rated by Sundown under the test conditions specified by Sundown for determining their power rating. I have no idea if they are underrated or not; But a whole lot of people claim they are, and no one has been able to provide any evidence to support that claim. That's all I'm asking for....proof.

Everyone claims that all sorts of budget amps "do power" as well and I guarantee when tested appropriately they would fail. I can easily "clamp" a piece of shit and make it output more than it is rated if I don't bother with a distortion measurement.

I too would buy the Kicker, but perhaps that is obvious considering I own a 750.1 :P Great amp in particular for what it is being used for.

It's not hard; The amplifiers are rated to output X wattage at X impedance with XX.X voltage input at X% distortion. I've never seen an actual test that accurately measured all four parameters to demonstrate that the amplifiers do indeed output significantly higher power than that rated by Sundown under the test conditions specified by Sundown for determining their power rating. I have no idea if they are underrated or not; But a whole lot of people claim they are, and no one has been able to provide any evidence to support that claim. That's all I'm asking for....proof.

Thank you very well put!

Seems like each company making amplifiers use different methods in determining rated output! Get's confusing after awhile!

I've read the Sundown tests and seen that while they do show wattage, impedance, and voltage, they never show distortion ratings... I have also heard Impious talk about how clamp meters are not reliable on another thread... I think... Correct me if I am wrong. Why are they not reliable again?

Im gonna go with the deal. Thnx for everyones feedback and for that talk on how to know if that amp is under rated... When i was adjusting my amp with the dmm to push out 750rms i adjusted it at 38.7 volts and there was a few bit more space til max

ampknobs.jpg

So that being said . To determine whether a amp is under rated wouldnt we test them like this... dont mind me, im just typing my mind LOL.