Sign in to follow this  
Upstage Audio

Got a problem, need some help

ok, well i am loving the Magnum and wantto add a 2nd 12 into my car, no 15s too big. But one, i know they no longer make them and only newer ones will be coming out. Secondly they only make D2 versions. Should i wait for the new ones to come out and will they be D4 or should just buy another one of the older siler multi spoke ones and get another amp?

They dont come in D4, hence the D2 name ;)

Yep, only D2... so, two options, find a used one, and then another amp. Or buy two new ones, and a different amp.

Try and find a blown one, then send both in for a recone. The new soft parts along with the old motors are quite a major improvement over the old drivers, let alone with the new motor.

Try and find a blown one, then send both in for a recone.  The new soft parts along with the old motors are quite a major improvement over the old drivers, let alone with the new motor.

that sounds like a good idea

thats what id do

so are you saying I should try to blow my no-logo 15D2 so I can send it in for a recone? are the new ones really that much better? I don't know how they could have made many improvements, I thought mine was pretty perfect.

are the new ones really that much better?

Yes. :gift:

Completely new design - not based off of any other motor - inside and out. Everything, literally, got upgraded. Well...the basket is the only thing that did not get changed.

dang. i want to hear one. i'm trying to recommend it to many people, my friends are looking for systems now but they're going cheaper. that's too bad. What's different on the new ones? well, you don't have to explain exactly, but just give me the effects and compare it to the last if you would.......

Look here:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...opic=3068&st=30

and here

http://www.stereointegrity.com/Magnum12.html

Basically everything is brand new except the basket.  Better surround, cone, dust cap, spiders, tinsel leads, coil, motor, everything got improved.

If you're gonna do it, do it right! :fing34: