Here's my 2003 acura tl

mods are

Stock lip kit

19x9 Work Varianza fs2 +30 rear offset +43 front offset

Function & Form Type 2 Coilovers

Comptech Icebox Intake

Future mods are

6 speed swap

Full interior makeover...thinking of going red and black..

work meister wheels

and maybe comptech supercharger.

dscn1650e.jpg

dscn1837t.jpg

dscn1838w.jpg

dscn1841m.jpg

dscn1842w.jpg

dscn1862z.jpg

No pics of the system since the car is still @ the shop under the knife =(

System consists of

Kenwood DNX9140

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Peerless SLS 8(glassed in the doors)

Tang Bang Bamboo W3 Full rangers(in the a pillar)

JL Audio HD600/4(300 x 2 bridged to the sls 8's

MB Quart DSC280(for the fullrangers)

2 12" XCONS in 4.2 Cubes tuned to 30hz

Sundown 3000

Stock 120amp,all 0 gauge throughout, xs 2700 upfront, and deka 9a31 in the back.

First shop did a shitty install. they hacked the hell out of my doors & and a pillars..I knew the guy who owned the shop so he replaced the door panels, a pillars, and refunded everything. Now she's at another shop...should have the car back within the next week or 2.

excellent equipment.. good to see others picking up on the beefy midbass and fullrangers. im thinking i might swap my peerless 3's out for the W3's. and using the peerless for some computer speakers.

how do the sls's handling that power? how low are they crossed? and are they IB or sealed?

I really didn't get much time with the setup to make a conclusion of everything..

the 8's were in the door IB bandpassed a bit high (63 to 350) since the w3's can't be crossed too low and they got a bit muddy when i really got on them. i'm not sure if that was due to them being crossed high or power handling.

another thing i noticed is, the xcons really drowned out the w3's when i cranked up the volume. i'm not sure if thats due to the speaker itself or the shitty install. I went with a 3" full range since this is exactly what i didn't want to happen. i figured a regular comp set wasn't gonna be enough for a 3000w sub stage.

Nice car and equipment list man.

How did those 8's fit in in terms of overall system performance/sound? I'm running 6.5"s in door pods vented into the door, sound deadened, but I'm still not getting *quite* the midbass response I would like... might possibly look into some 8's in the future :popcorn:

Thanks and keep it up

I really didn't get much time with the setup to make a conclusion of everything..

the 8's were in the door IB bandpassed a bit high (63 to 350) since the w3's can't be crossed too low and they got a bit muddy when i really got on them. i'm not sure if that was due to them being crossed high or power handling.

another thing i noticed is, the xcons really drowned out the w3's when i cranked up the volume. i'm not sure if thats due to the speaker itself or the shitty install. I went with a 3" full range since this is exactly what i didn't want to happen. i figured a regular comp set wasn't gonna be enough for a 3000w sub stage.

your asking alittle too much for the W3's to keep up with the xcons haha

i absolutely LOVE those wheels on that car.

How did those 8's fit in in terms of overall system performance/sound? I'm running 6.5"s in door pods vented into the door, sound deadened, but I'm still not getting *quite* the midbass response I would like... might possibly look into some 8's in the future :popcorn:

Thanks and keep it up

midbass was nice even though they got a little muddy when i cranked up the volume. I really wanted to throw a 10 in the door :peepwall: but they wouldn't fit

your asking alittle too much for the W3's to keep up with the xcons haha

Figured lol

with the new install, they'll be on-axis so that might help..if not, i'll replace them with legatia l3s

i absolutely LOVE those wheels on that car.

Thanks

A regular comp set could easily be louder than a 3" full ranger. Not the reason to pick that as a set. In particular if you are crossing them near 350Hz. 350 is also too high for the SLS, not terribly so but I don't like them up there.

Thanks and keep it up

midbass was nice even though they got a little muddy when i cranked up the volume. I really wanted to throw a 10 in the door :peepwall: but they wouldn't fit

Muddy sounds like an install issue, but a better description would helps us track that down.

I figured the 8 mated with the 3 would be louder/sound better compared to a simple 6.5 comp set.

when i cranked the volume up, the 8's would kinda "crackle" and no longer sounded clean

the 3's would distort too

all around, the system sounded like complete shit. I rode around for 3 days with the subs off messing with the eq, tryin' diff crossover points, diff slopes, and i just couldn't get it to sound good.

I knew it was bad since it sounded worse than the budget setup in my mom's car

Monster setup problem. How are things crossed over, what other processing is applied (and what processor), how are the gains set, can you post pictures of how they are mounted?

Crackling is not a sound I'd expect out of those 8's at the frequencies you are playing them. I am VERY curious as to the questions I asked as it sounds like your system is not at all installed anywhere near appropriately. Of course asking ANY shop to do what you are doing isn't so easy.

Only processor was the 3sixty.2

Crossover settings were 50-250hz @ -18db for the SLS and 315 -20K @ -18db for the W3

I set the gains with a dmm(i know) since i don't have enough experience to set them by ear. I wish i could've got you some pics but the first job didn't take any.

The W3s don't get super loud with a .5mm Xmax ;) Or just turn the bass down ;) Or add another pair of them...

The issues are definitely install related...since I know of a couple people using SLS8s with a 3" fullranger. I'll be doing a 7" myself, but I'll be playing it super high, crossing both outside of the vocal range...think 2kHz...

very nice

The W3s don't get super loud with a .5mm Xmax ;) Or just turn the bass down ;) Or add another pair of them...

The issues are definitely install related...since I know of a couple people using SLS8s with a 3" fullranger. I'll be doing a 7" myself, but I'll be playing it super high, crossing both outside of the vocal range...think 2kHz...

Figured

I really wanna swap them out for legatia l3's since that's the only 3" i know that can take a beating.

Figured

I really wanna swap them out for legatia l3's since that's the only 3" i know that can take a beating.

Take a beating has to do with your settings, not the driver in this case.