ExplicitYourSelf

Hifonics brutus BRZ 1200.1 or Sundown SAZ 1000.1

I just swapped out a Hifonics brutus BXI1208 for a Sundown SAE-1200Dv2 both rated at 1200rms at 1 ohm. I would choice Sundown over Hifonics any day.

I just swapped out a Hifonics brutus BXI1208 for a Sundown SAE-1200Dv2 both rated at 1200rms at 1 ohm. I would choice Sundown over Hifonics any day.

BXI is not a BRZ. So not really relevant.

As an aside, swapping one for the other isn't always a valid comparison. Something as simple as a difference in gain structure could cause perceived "differences" (if there were perceived performance differences that caused you to enjoy the Sundown more). Not saying that's necessarily the case, but something that just saying "I removed X and installed Y and Y was better" doesn't exclude and needs to be considered before taking subjective experiences into account.

BRZ are different than a bxi

no i have not, The sub i want to power is an 12" L7 kicker dvc 4ohm. So if i was to get the saz-1000D how would that do on a 2 ohm load?? the sub handles 750rms.I have a 01 chevy blazer stock alternator. Big 3 upgrade using 1/0 gauge, yellow optima battery

I personally would probably go with the Hifonics if the price is the same, probably moreso since you are planning on a 2ohm load. I don't see where you are losing any useful features by doing so, and the Hifonics has higher power capabilities.

By the way, have any of the users who are shitting on the new Hifonics amps tested one under proper conditions, observed a reputable objective test of the amplifier, or reviewed any failure rates or design and quality control measures for the amplifiers? Or is everyone just assuming it's crap because someone on the internet said so?

The latter would be my guess.

I am quite pleased with the 2 Maxxsonics amps I run. So much so, I am buying my third Maxxsonics amp this week.

i would say hifonics (because i have never ran sundown before) . i am running 2 of their amps and have been for a couple months now and im enjoying them....just my 2 cents