Alright this is probably a dumb question but im really new to car audio and want to make sure i dont mess anything up, especially when im working with so much expensive equipment.

I have a sundown SAX-50.4 that i plan to power my Morel tempo6 2-way component speakers. I'm wondering what the best way to wire to my crossovers would be. Im confused because i have the 4 channels but only 2 crossovers, so would i bridge them? and how would i do that correctly so i keep the left and right signals?

sorry if this doesnt make sense, im sick and on alot of medication :trippy:

what power are you trying to send the Xovers?

You could actually go active with channels 1-2 on tweets and channels 3-4 on mids. Or just bridge the amp to a two channel and run to your comp crossover.

so would i wire the Left/Ch1 positive and the Left/Ch3 negative to the left crossover and Right/Ch2 positive and the Right/Ch4 negative to the right crossover?

so would i wire the Left/Ch1 positive and the Left/Ch3 negative to the left crossover and Right/Ch2 positive and the Right/Ch4 negative to the right crossover?

Yes! Then tweak the hp crossover!

the manual only shows how to bridge two subwoofers, one using the positive on the left/ch3 and the negative on the right/ch4 and the other using the positive on the left/ch1 and the negative on the right/ch2. I would wire my crossovers that way but i think id lose the left and right signals

the manual only shows how to bridge two subwoofers, one using the positive on the left/ch3 and the negative on the right/ch4 and the other using the positive on the left/ch1 and the negative on the right/ch2. I would wire my crossovers that way but i think id lose the left and right signals

Shows subwoofers but you have the option of either high pass, full range and low pass. So option can be either. You will still have righ, left channel seperation.

this is the KIDS first time installing comps and he is having an issue wiring them up to a crossover BUT you guys are telling him to run active??? comon!

for your first setup go passive and call it a day! keep it safe and simple!

now to wire the your crossovers simple run channel 1 to the left front stage and channel 2 to the right front stage of the car!!!

if the crossover has 4 inputs (amp to crossover side) and it is NOT bypassable simple run the + and - wires to the woofer side and then make a little jumper to the tweeter side!

does thsi make sense??

also amping yoru speakers is an AWESOME step but did you deaden your doors??

actually since the amp outputss 160rmsx2ch at 4ohm you need to bridge the amp to achieve the 120rms output to each speaker commpont!

----RMS power, 4 ohm bridged

160W x 2CH

to bridge this amp follow the wiring diagram accoringly as per the manual and or the side of the terminals!

Sundown Audio - SAX-50.4

please note the pics on the right side the last pic on the rigth side in particular!

this is the KIDS first time installing comps and he is having an issue wiring them up to a crossover BUT you guys are telling him to run active??? comon!

now to wire the your crossovers simple run channel 1 to the left front stage and channel 2 to the right front stage of the car!!!

if the crossover has 4 inputs (amp to crossover side) and it is NOT bypassable simple run the + and - wires to the woofer side and then make a little jumper to the tweeter side!

does thsi make sense??

Nobody told him to run active! I said he has the capability to run active! rolleyes.gif

lol i guess! but let not candy coat running active esspecially for his first setup!

i would recommend not going active till he fully understands what he is doing and what the benifits fo passive vs active and why ppl go active! also the potenial DANGER to goign active!

since this is his first build and I KNOW he paided good money for those comps better not risk screwing stuff up!! jsut play it safe and if donw the road you wnat to go active for some reason and you are convinced of it go for it! and ask plenty of questions!

does thsi make sense??

Nobody told him to run active! I said he has the capability to run active! rolleyes.gif

I guess i should ask about this while were kinda on the subject, how should i set my amp? i know i should turn the bass boost and gain all the way down but what about the subsonic and the filters? is there a link to a site that explains all of this? I found a few helpful websites but they only explain how to set them for subwoofers and again i feel like it would be way different for the components

I guess i should ask about this while were kinda on the subject, how should i set my amp? i know i should turn the bass boost and gain all the way down but what about the subsonic and the filters? is there a link to a site that explains all of this? I found a few helpful websites but they only explain how to set them for subwoofers and again i feel like it would be way different for the components

Bass boost all the way down? Yes. Gain all the way down? If you dont want to hear the music, then yes.

I'm not sure on that amplifier the slope of the subsonic filter. Amazingly I can't find it on either the website or in the manual. I'm assuming it's steeper than 12db/oct (which is the slope of the standard crossover). I would also presume that setting the "full" option for the crossover would still allow the subsonic filter to operate. Assuming I'm correct on both of those assumptions, I personally would use the subsonic filter as the highpass filter.

The subsonic is just another name for a highpass filter. Set it to where ever sounds best. Since you will be bridging the amplifier, you will be highpassing (with the subsonic filter) the left side and right side independently of each other, so you will need to set the SSF to approximately the same on both channels 1/2 and channels 3/4.. The main thing is to try to set both filters as close to the same as possible. If you are highpassing your speakers with the SSF, set the "HPF/FULL/LPF" to "full".

Or if you decide to use the HPF to highpass the speakers instead of the SSF, then you can use the HPF on both pair of channels set in the same manor.....to where ever sounds best, but try to set both HPF as close to the same as possible. If you use the HPF to highpass the speakers instead of the SSF, then set the SSF to it's lowest frequency setting rendering it basically ineffective.

Gain is the same way. You will have to set both gains (channels 1/2 gain & channels 3/4 gain). Set it to wherever sounds best, where you can use most of the range of your headunit's volume (approximately 75% on a decently "loud" track) without overdriving your speakers. I would recommend about 75% of your headunits volume on a loud track that way you have some "headroom" on your volume control for quieter tracks or sources. But since you will have an independent gain for the left side and right side try to match the gains for both as closely as possible. It would be helpful if you had a DMM and test tones for verifying the left and right settings (both gain and crossover) are close to the same. I can help walk you through how to do this if you have access to both of those items.

Bass Boost as you mentioned leave set at 0db.

Gain all the way down? If you dont want to hear the music, then yes.

That's interesting considering how many amplifier's I've used in my personal stereo system with the gain turned "all the way down" and still managed to be able to drive the speakers past the point of listenability.

Where to set the gain is a function of several different factors. Random and inaccurate comments like the above aren't really helpful to anybody.

Wow impious thanks a ton for such a detailed answer :)

The subsonic is just another name for a highpass filter. Set it to where ever sounds best. Since you will be bridging the amplifier, you will be highpassing (with the subsonic filter) the left side and right side independently of each other, so you will need to set the SSF to approximately the same on both channels 1/2 and channels 3/4.. The main thing is to try to set both filters as close to the same as possible. If you are highpassing your speakers with the SSF, set the "HPF/FULL/LPF" to "full".

Now if I use the SSF does that mean i want all of the HPF and LPF's turned all the way down? and do i have to worry about the range selector?

If you use the SSF and set the "HPF/FULL/LPF" selector to "full" that will bypass all of the HPF/LPF functions, so you do not need to worry about doing anything else to them.

Gain all the way down? If you dont want to hear the music, then yes.

That's interesting considering how many amplifier's I've used in my personal stereo system with the gain turned "all the way down" and still managed to be able to drive the speakers past the point of listenability.

Where to set the gain is a function of several different factors. Random and inaccurate comments like the above aren't really helpful to anybody.

True, I was being a smart ass. Although I've had quite the opposite experience when turning the gain all the way down. I hear nothing.

To keep it simple just bridge your amp to 2 channels. Run one channel to the left side and the other to the right. You will still have left and right separation. Set your gain properly and adjust the sound to your liking.