Torquem

Educate me - TC Sounds, Audiopulse, Sound Splinter

I am fixing to do a build in my 2002 Acura RSX-S. I have everything bought except for the sub. My other equipment is

Alpine 9887

Hertz ML280 tweets

Hertz MLK 165 mids

Audison 5.1k 5 channel.

I want to run a ported box. At 4 ohms the sub should see circa 750 watts. At 2 ohms it should see circa 1000. Does TC Sounds, Audiopulse, or SoundSplinter make a sub that would pair up well with the sub channel? I would really love to have one with the high roll surround. I tried doing some searches but came up with tons of dead links and almost no driver specs. Any information would be helpful. If I can't find one of these subs to fit the bill I will just go with a 12w7. Thanks again for your time :)

What exactly are you looking for in a sub? I'm assuming since you want to go ported you want it to get loud...what about low? Do you want all out power or a little quality? You gotta give that kinda info before anyone can help.

what about sundown or ssa?

TC Sounds = OEM Buildhouse and direct to consumer sales (Bankrupt). Working on a return from bankruptcy with offshore manufacturing.

Audiopulse = Same as TC Sounds but went to a dealer network (Part of the now bankrupt TC Sounds)

SoundSplinter = Still around and working on new products and new buildhouse. TC Sounds built for Soundsplinter in the past.

nice mids an tweets i love hertz audio. as for a sub might look into a soundsplinter rl-p there a great sub and would work with 1000wrms. also might look into a tc-1000 i think thats the sub thats 700wrms.

Thanks for the responses. If it helps I really like the output, musicality, and low end extension of the 12w7. I thought I would try and mix things up though and go with a sub that not everyone has. ""SQL"" probably sums up my listening style pretty well.

rlp, ssa icon, si mag, aa havoc, fi q, just to name a few of the subs that can keep up with a w7 spl an sq wise.

The Treo SSi is one beast of a sub with 750 watts, which IMO is underated needs more like 1000-1100.

hello guys, tc did file for bankruptcy a few years ago after the audiopulse disaster. TC is and has been back for a few months under the dealer structure. Parts express carries the products online for 10% off MSRP. The new products have actually gone though an extensive overhaul from the the bottom up. We had a drawings portfolio of near 6000+ parts from the 1980's, and 2 years ago we started a new portfolio for the new production line and have about 1000 new or redraw parts for that line and other new designs. Many of the tools have been remade with some minor modifications such as all the spiders, shorting rings and assembly fixtures. We have a very good relationship with our main vendor overseas that has been supplying our parts for 15 years. They are currently the largest speaker supplier in the world. The old assembly process we used to use has been scraped and we invented a new property way to build our drivers that is much more accurate than before as far as gap alignment for our replacement feature - we also changed a number of glues. It was about a 1.5-2 year overhaul right out of bankruptcy. Thilo did buy back all but one of his patents. SS products will be produced shortly under TC's direction using the new parts and assembly processes. Audiopulse brand is no-more, and has been discontinued but still supported by TC Sounds.

Edited by 7

hello guys, tc did file for bankruptcy a few years ago after the audiopulse disaster. TC is and has been back for a few months under the dealer structure. Parts express carries the products online for 10% off MSRP. The new products have actually gone though an extensive overhaul from the the bottom up. We had a drawings portfolio of near 6000+ parts from the 1980's, and 2 years ago we started a new portfolio for the new production line and have about 1000 new or redraw parts for that line and other new designs. Many of the tools have been remade with some minor modifications such as all the spiders, shorting rings and assembly fixtures. We have a very good relationship with our main vendor overseas that has been supplying our parts for 15 years. They are currently the largest speaker supplier in the world. The old assembly process we used to use has been scraped and we invented a new property way to build our drivers that is much more accurate than before as far as gap alignment and we also switched a few glues. It was about a 1.5-2 year overhaul right out of bankruptcy. Thilo did buy back all but one of his patents. SS products will be produced shortly under TC's direction using the new parts and assembly processes. Audiopulse brand is no-more, and has been discontinued but still supported by TC Sounds.

popcorn.gif That sounds like great news!

I stand corrected :)

If I were you I'd find some used tc's or audiopulses. Great products. Give ssa a look too the xcons are great sealed or ported

hello guys, tc did file for bankruptcy a few years ago after the audiopulse disaster. TC is and has been back for a few months under the dealer structure. Parts express carries the products online for 10% off MSRP. The new products have actually gone though an extensive overhaul from the the bottom up. We had a drawings portfolio of near 6000+ parts from the 1980's, and 2 years ago we started a new portfolio for the new production line and have about 1000 new or redraw parts for that line and other new designs. Many of the tools have been remade with some minor modifications such as all the spiders, shorting rings and assembly fixtures. We have a very good relationship with our main vendor overseas that has been supplying our parts for 15 years. They are currently the largest speaker supplier in the world. The old assembly process we used to use has been scraped and we invented a new property way to build our drivers that is much more accurate than before as far as gap alignment and we also switched a few glues. It was about a 1.5-2 year overhaul right out of bankruptcy. Thilo did buy back all but one of his patents. SS products will be produced shortly under TC's direction using the new parts and assembly processes. Audiopulse brand is no-more, and has been discontinued but still supported by TC Sounds.

popcorn.gif That sounds like great news!

im so glad to hear this i've been waiting on tc to come back. hands down some of the best subs my ears have had the pleasure to hear. ive only owned the db500's, and installed a tc2000, and tc3000. i was most impresed with the db500s

for $75 bucks those supposed to be "entry level" subs where past awsome.

just curious......all companies listed are great but, why not just go with the Hertz SPL series sub??

I think Fi Q's would do everything you're looking for. I'm running them in a ported box, they are hella loud... but when I want to keep them tame I can easily kick the gain down a bit and they blend right in with the softest and most intricate music. :fing34:

just curious......all companies listed are great but, why not just go with the Hertz SPL series sub??

I've owned a few hertz subs and heared many I advice not to buy Hertz subs ,

they lack in bottom end and expensive for what they're capable of .

more info on what you're looking for would be needed to give any advice on a suiting sub for you .

your front stage has got great potential , curious to see what your goals are .