eu700027az.jpg

eu700037ck.jpg

heres the rear end:

eu700046ke.jpg

upside down:

eu700073zz.jpg

nice shot of the surround:

eu700066nm.jpg

RE8 comparison. If the 700 had the bumped backplate like in the proto pix, it would have easily been beefier than the RE8:

eu700055tj.jpg

What? A bumped backplate doesn't make something beefier... IMO, and I STILL can't get past the basket to motor size crappiness ratio.

Just seems like it could have been made better. (read: stronger)

Lol i guess your rite beefier isnt the work. "longer" there ya go.

I just like looking at this thing.

ima build a small box for it and try it out

What?  A bumped backplate doesn't make something beefier... IMO, and I STILL can't get past the basket to motor size crappiness ratio.

Just seems like it could have been made better.  (read: stronger)

Its about a 4:5 ratio ( crap/motor size)

So these things are $50. Are they worth it? i know PE has those Dayton drivers for pretty cheap, but these things look a butt load better than those things out of PE.

bah...both the re8 and the eDmo700 are weak....

here's a real lil sub....

RLi8-profile.jpg

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

So these things are $50. Are they worth it? i know PE has those Dayton drivers for pretty cheap, but these things look a butt load better than those things out of PE.

Looks and is are two ompletely different things. I just don't see why anyone would spend $50 on an overmotored 6.5" driver, that can't atlest be used up to 1k. I'll bet that alot of the people that get them won't know how to effectivly implement them anyway. Not that many would notice the difference.

IDk I guess I just don't like it because it appears like a driver that is ment to sell soley based on the size of the surround and magnets. And even if it's not, that seems to be why everyone is drooling on it...

I'm still peicing together my DIY set for my front speakers. Just trying to formulate ideas. Let me know what you think of it after you try it out Jeremy. Oh yeah, your stuff shipped yesterday.

IDk I guess I just don't like it because it appears like a driver that is ment to sell soley based on the size of the surround and magnets.  And even if it's not, that seems to be why everyone is drooling on it...

Smart man. I just had an interesting discussion with a very intelligent industry person on how marketing is taking over.

Flakko: They LOOK impressive, now tell us how they perform.

lol yea i just like looking at it.

but pple have tried these things out. they said 2 of them sounded like a 15

so get on with the testing!! Try some midrange freqs on them too. I wanna hear the review.

IMO, if they are making that comparison, they need some more education. Maybe a Funky Pup, but any capable 15 should have a HUGE displacement advantage that would only be hindered by incorrect application. I see no feasible way for a TRUE comparison between them.

IDk I guess I just don't like it because it appears like a driver that is ment to sell soley based on the size of the surround and magnets.  And even if it's not, that seems to be why everyone is drooling on it...

Smart man. I just had an interesting discussion with a very intelligent industry person on how marketing is taking over.

I too agree with that... which is why I will never work in the industry, and always support companies that provide function/fashion

alright since you guys were the ones most inquisitive on the performance, i got off my lazy butt and started building a quick ghetto box for this thing. please excuse the cuts, they were all done with a jig saw and im trying to finish it b4 7:00 pm pacific time.:

eubox015xq.jpg

eubox022am.jpg

eubox039df.jpg

eubox046qd.jpg

welll... im just letting the glue dry now, then ill seal it and let it WANG. i hope. :(

lol yea i just like looking at it.

More like a 12.

They dont have near the output of a 15 in the lows

NEVER let asians use tools

lol i dont care too much about perfection. i just wana hear this thing.

hey that dude at lowes was asian. he did a pretty good job :P

edit: o btw its .25 cubes sealed

alright since you guys were the ones most inquisitive on the performance, i got off my lazy butt and started building a quick ghetto box for this thing.  please excuse the cuts, they were all done with a jig saw and im trying to finish it b4 7:00 pm pacific time.:

<SNIPPED>

welll... im just letting the glue dry now, then ill seal it and let it WANG. i hope. :(

:lol2:

Letting the glue dry

Hmmmm...who does that remind me of *cough* TOM*cough*