I'm doing a temporary half-wall so I can still see out of the back window. How many dbs could be gained by sealing it all up? Does the magnet have a hole in the bottom? Is 6.5" mounting depth not including the depth of the mounting ring? What's the depth of the mounting ring? Would there be a problem inverting the dcon? Would I have to phase it? The box will be pretty close to but not touching the rear windows, would that be a problem?

No one can tell you how many decibels you'd gain.

There IS a pole vent on the DCON.

Right, 6.5" form the mounting ring.

No problem inverting.

No need to phase.

No problem with the enclosure being close to the back wall, just not the port.

what are you trying to seal up? and why are you trying to gain DB on an entry level SQ sub? why not get an icon or xcon if you want SSA? i know they are all sq subs but i've seen what they can do. im just curious cuz ive never seen someone try to get loud with the dcon. :shrug:

Hey now, there is nothing "entry-level" about the Dcon. ;) ;)

Hey now, there is nothing "entry-level" about the Dcon. wink.gifwink.gif

I was thinking the same! They are a lowpoweredsoundqualityhighoutputeconomical driver! tongue.gif

What'll happen if the pole vent is covered on two of them (two will be touching the front seats)? What's the depth of the mounting ring, 1"? It should be 7.5" from the MDF. I just don't want the rear windows (the door windows) to flex badly and break, I'm not concearned about the back window. I don't have the space to port 8 12's so they're going in sealed. I want a sealed box so I can safely play with test tones 20-40hz. I'm not trying to get loud because I'm sure it will, it's a daily setup, and my last setup was a ported 05 RE XXX 12 on 1500W in 2.2 cubes, as long as it's louder I'll be happy. I won't be going to many SPL comps but I want to seal it up for extra db's when I do and I'll take it down to see out of the back window while driving. I don't care about 150db @ 42hz as much as 145 @ 25. I want a lot of cone area instead of high power because I don't want it to be weighed down with 3-5 extra batteries at 80lbs each. The sub & box should weigh 200lbs if the box weighs 40lbs, less than I do, so I'm okay with that. I'm going to use a Hifonics BXI2408D (2400W RMS @ 1ohm) because it's really cheap. 600W to 2 6.5's, 2 tweets, 2 mids, so 3000W total, running off one battery under the hood, I want the trunk space. When I want an SPL setup I'll get a BTL 18 and make an 8-10 cube ported wall @ 40hz running on the same amp.

What'll happen if the pole vent is covered on two of them (two will be touching the front seats)? What's the depth of the mounting ring, 1"? It should be 7.5" from the MDF. I just don't want the rear windows (the door windows) to flex badly and break, I'm not concearned about the back window. I don't have the space to port 8 12's so they're going in sealed. I want a sealed box so I can safely play with test tones 20-40hz. I'm not trying to get loud because I'm sure it will, it's a daily setup, and my last setup was a ported 05 RE XXX 12 on 1500W in 2.2 cubes, as long as it's louder I'll be happy. I won't be going to many SPL comps but I want to seal it up for extra db's when I do and I'll take it down to see out of the back window while driving. I don't care about 150db @ 42hz as much as 145 @ 25. I want a lot of cone area instead of high power because I don't want it to be weighed down with 3-5 extra batteries at 80lbs each. The sub & box should weigh 200lbs if the box weighs 40lbs, less than I do, so I'm okay with that. I'm going to use a Hifonics BXI2408D (2400W RMS @ 1ohm) because it's really cheap. 600W to 2 6.5's, 2 tweets, 2 mids, so 3000W total, running off one battery under the hood, I want the trunk space. When I want an SPL setup I'll get a BTL 18 and make an 8-10 cube ported wall @ 40hz running on the same amp.

Gonna need an h/o alt, if you plan on that.

Hey now, there is nothing "entry-level" about the Dcon. wink.gifwink.gif

I was thinking the same! They are a lowpoweredsoundqualityhighoutputeconomical driver! tongue.gif

my bad, you said it much better than i did, for sure ;)

The only high output alt I can find is 270A for about $400, will that suffice? I think the stock is 120A. What'll happen if the pole vent is covered on two of the subs? In the pics it doesn't look like there's a pole vent. How do I secure the box in place?

With the ventng on the basket the cooling under the spider should be sufficient. Blocking the pole vent may not have an adverse effect on the DCON. But to make sure PM Denim and ask.

I would not suggest blocking the pole vent, it is there for a reason. I have not tried playing with one with the pole vent blocked, so I cannot not say for sure the adverse effects by doing so.

Than I won't invert. How do I secure the box in place? There is 1" between each sub. I'm thinking three 1" diameter black straps?

Edited by RE XXXv3

Jesus, nevermind, I can't fit *55... gotta do 50.65 x 25.65 x 18.7 for 1.25 cubes each, not inverted. That leaves like .8" of space so the cone's don't get wrecked, but without space inbetween the subs, how the hell do I secure the box in place?

If you have a hard and solid surface to drill into, some people use "L" brackets.