Sign in to follow this  

Im looking for a good reliable amp with will do at least 1500 RMS at 1 ohm at 12v and be as efficiant as possible. No more than 2000 RMS at 1 ohm.

I have my mind set on a RF T1500.1BD but Im open to new ideas.

BTW I will only have a XS D3400 up front and stock alt. I also would like it to have a small foot print and be lightweight.

Fosgate is nice. I ran RF for many many years and never had any trouble with them.

On the forums you will get more Sundown replies then anything else, but There are lots of choices these days and some excellent budget amps out there too.

What features will your amp need to have?

If an amp does a lil over 1500 @ 12 volts, then it will get close to 2k with high voltage. If you got the money, I'd suggest the sundown 1500d. I've had fosgate amps before and never really liked them. Two of mine were literally george foreman grills. So hot you couldn't touch them. I would think the sundown would be "higher" quality.

im running hifonics and its the first time i have and i have last years model and i like them... they dont get very hot at all .... the new 2010 models i havent heard much but from what i have heard is so far so good if your on a budget i would suggest hifonics but like other peopel say there are some other good budget amps out there too.. hope this helps

sundown 1000.1 or 1500.1

any budget?

If an amp does a lil over 1500 @ 12 volts, then it will get close to 2k with high voltage. If you got the money, I'd suggest the sundown 1500d. I've had fosgate amps before and never really liked them. Two of mine were literally george foreman grills. So hot you couldn't touch them. I would think the sundown would be "higher" quality.

I damn sure wouldnt say Sundown is higher quality then Rockford Fosgate, your amps getting hot is not the amps fault at all more so like user error (too low of an ohm load, sorry electrical or bad air flow around the amps among other things).

Give us a budget to work with.

Yeah Rockford make some good amps just big price tag. :nuts:

I have the RF BD1500.1 and at 13.8v (2ohm load) it runs at 1627 watts. It stays cool and it has never got to hot, clipped, or turned off(safe mode). If you have it running at 1 ohm load, the BD 1500.1(2003 model) will deffently be more than 2000 watts. I was curious so I called my local RF shop, they test everything they sell. He told me that at 12v the BD 1500.1 will run at about 2800 watts, but at 1 ohm load they will over-heat and turn in safe mode. Only if you run it at 1 ohm load with the vol. Wide open all the time. You have a great amp, make sure the ground wire is is very good. That is important on all amps, but the BD is a special case. You will get a huming noise from the amp and it will not be a efficient!

I have the RF BD1500.1 and at 13.8v (2ohm load) it runs at 1627 watts. It stays cool and it has never got to hot, clipped, or turned off(safe mode). If you have it running at 1 ohm load, the BD 1500.1(2003 model) will deffently be more than 2000 watts. I was curious so I called my local RF shop, they test everything they sell. He told me that at 12v the BD 1500.1 will run at about 2800 watts, but at 1 ohm load they will over-heat and turn in safe mode. Only if you run it at 1 ohm load with the vol. Wide open all the time. You have a great amp, make sure the ground wire is is very good. That is important on all amps, but the BD is a special case. You will get a huming noise from the amp and it will not be as efficient!

I damn sure wouldnt say Sundown is higher quality then Rockford Fosgate, your amps getting hot is not the amps fault at all more so like user error (too low of an ohm load, sorry electrical or bad air flow around the amps among other things).

Give us a budget to work with.

dude, one of the amps was @ 4 ohms and was a 2 ohm stable amp. Amps never cut out, just got hot enough they wern't comfortable to touch. I'm not saying Rockford is bad, just the ones I've had (not bd's) were nothing special. One of them was a 500s, and that amp would get walked all over by my 500/1 if you wanted to talk about quality amps. I guess what this is coming down to is that the fosgates I had (class ab older models) Get retarded hot. BD's and newer amps probably don't.