Sign in to follow this  
Divinemind999

Fi BL 12 vs (underpowerd) Fi BTl 12

I have a Rockford 1000bd, and I'm getting a box made 2.0cu ft tuned to 33hz. What sub will have a better output as far as SPL. 12" Fi Bl or (underpowered) Btl? The reason that I ask is because I don't want to spend the money to get a HO alt for this particular car. Volvo 1996 960. I currently have a 120 amp alt.

I have a Pioneer Premier w3001 1000rms. and before I got the Rockford P1000, I had a Trash ass sony Xplod amp 400rms, which was from my last set up.

the trash ass xplod amp and my old Kenwood 3012 400rms, sound completely better than the xplod and Pioneer Premier set up.

So this is reason Im asking, I don't want to get a BTL and have it sound like trash. So what should I do? BL vs BTL (underpowered).

Thanks dudes

BTL will be louder on the same power.

Oh, and no such thing as underpowering.

I have a Rockford 1000bd, and I'm getting a box made 2.0cu ft tuned to 33hz. What sub will have a better output as far as SPL. 12" Fi Bl or (underpowered) Btl? The reason that I ask is because I don't want to spend the money to get a HO alt for this particular car. Volvo 1996 960. I currently have a 120 amp alt.

I have a Pioneer Premier w3001 1000rms. and before I got the Rockford P1000, I had a Trash ass sony Xplod amp 400rms, which was from my last set up.

the trash ass xplod amp and my old Kenwood 3012 400rms, sound completely better than the xplod and Pioneer Premier set up.

So this is reason Im asking, I don't want to get a BTL and have it sound like trash. So what should I do? BL vs BTL (underpowered).

Thanks dudes

Hard one to guess on but if i had to say anything underpowering a sub wouldnt make it as efficient and during summer time YOU WANT efficiency on your sub so stick with the bl and get your full potential out of it. Dont waste your money on something you cant get it to perform to its potential! AKA: im digging how you roll in your volvo love my 92!!! 240gl

The btl could be a good choice, for future upgrades.

A HO alt is not always needed for 2000 watts rms. You have to chekck for voltage drops.

If you have the money, go for the btl (just my 2 cents). You will be able to upgrade your system without having to buy another sub, just another amp !

Maybe others will tell you go for the bl !!!peepwall.gif

The btl could be a good choice, for future upgrades.

A HO alt is not always needed for 2000 watts rms. You have to chekck for voltage drops.

If you have the money, go for the btl (just my 2 cents). You will be able to upgrade your system without having to buy another sub, just another amp !

Maybe others will tell you go for the bl !!!peepwall.gif

I vote BTL, easier to upgrade in the future (getting a new amp, as opposed to getting a new amp AND a new sub)

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Thanks dudes

Hard one to guess on but if i had to say anything underpowering a sub wouldnt make it as efficient and during summer time YOU WANT efficiency on your sub so stick with the bl and get your full potential out of it. Dont waste your money on something you cant get it to perform to its potential! AKA: im digging how you roll in your volvo love my 92!!! 240gl

That is the opposite of true. As a sub receives more power, it gets less efficient. Power compression is not your friend.

my drop in comparison on same power from bl to btl was no audible difference. lows got a little tiny bit stronger with the btl, but not that niticable. but when i gave the btl the power it wanted... completely different story... lol...

ok, thanks dudes, BTL it is. I knew I came to the right place to ask this. Another quick question.

My car Volvo 960 1996 , battery size is Group 47/48 , Do you guys know if a Kinetic 1800hc can fit under the hood, or any XS Power battery that can support 1800 rms?

I currently have a Deka 647mf and the manufacturer said that it can support aftermarket electronics but I don't know to what limit.

I ran 1500w @ 1ohm in a Sunfire (90A alt) and the lights didn't dim on a stock battery. I never checked the voltage.

2000w on a stock alt is probably fine.

Probably with the proper Battery, that just don't sound safe. I would lose sleep at night wondering if my car is going to start in the morning. Also I don't want my battery to give up on me in the wrong neighborhood, Im from Philly so I got to have my set up correct.

2000w on a stock alt is probably fine.

Actually probably not. Depends greatly on the size of the stock alternator, but not many are made over 150 amps. How long are you going to be able to play your system pulling 250 amps with a 150 amp alternator? How about with a 90 amp alternator?

Sign in to follow this