fnzpntz

A setup for my 96 FORD X XLT

Hi, i have a 96 ford x xlt, i live in a medium size town, so competition is scarce (spelling) never the less i love to BLOW people away with my subs, i own right now 2 jl 10w3v2 with a jl 500/1 and any one who has a chit system loves it, and people who dont have systems crap there pants, atho i know its not much they have no idea.

Any how, i wana run MB quarts, PCE 216s in the front and back and 100x4 watts amp, not sure which yet, and i wana push alot of air around in my car, i dont do sealed, i do ported. Becuase i love ported boxes... I can do 1 or 2 subs, I really like an idea of 3 but im not that rich.

I was thinking 2 RE XXX

but i was informed about SI and AV but i dont know, I dont need to sacrifice quality for price, i would like to spen the extra 100$ to get AMAZING vs NICE, so please, i need your thought on

very good SQ subs at low and high volumes, and when i turn em up they just clean out with there SPL. I heard RE xxx can do that...

Any suggestions, no Kicker,jbl,audiobahn,lanzer chit like that i hate those brands.

I like hifonics amps to alot. in all SPL when i want but SQ all the time.

THANKS

Prob might want to look at the new SI D2 or the SS RL-p.

Those RE subs like power...sometimes its not the best thing.

So i have seen, SI D2 Was something i am now looking into thanks to denim... but i just wish i could see them and feel them and hear them.

Thanks.

where are u located? maybe someone nearby has one...

the d2 would fit the bill, as could the rl-p (or rl-s if ur in no hurry)

the xxx is a really nice sub, tends to want larger enclosures (compared to others) to really do it's thing down low. can get really loud and sound good doing it. as can the above two subs...

teh sx from re could work as well from what i've read, though i've gathered they like the larger box as well...

if space and money is no issue, the xxx or mag d2 would be the two i would narrow it down too. if space and money is an issue, the rl-p is the way to go.

the customer service of SI and SS is far better then re IMO, as they will answer ur emails AND phone calls, usually pretty damn quick too.

but ur on the right path to a really hard decision, lol...they are all really nice subs. and they are all quite capable of doing exactly what ur after.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just an FYI, the new D2s should work in slightly smaller enclosures compared to the previous models.

Personally, I would wait a few more months. With the new D2s coming out soon, the RL-s perhaps, and the XXX returning, you may want to hear some personal opinions and amass some more knowledge on these new drivers before purchasing.

The D2s are completely different compared to the old, so there is really no comparison to be based yet. YOU may or may not like it.

The RL-s is a new beast too. YOU may or may not like it.

The XXX has the reputation to back it up, but YOU may or may not like it. All I can say on that one.

You have the W3s now, have you thought about stepping up to the W6v2s or even the dub7s? Both excellent drivers that are more than capable of getting loud. Especially in your confined space.

I know you said no Kicker, but Kent, the guy posting above me, has had excellent results with a soloX18 and has found it can be quite musical for the beast that it is.

Just an FYI, the new D2s should work in slightly smaller enclosures compared to the previous models. 

Personally, I would wait a few more months.  With the new D2s coming out soon, the RL-s perhaps, and the XXX returning, you may want to hear some personal opinions and amass some more knowledge on these new drivers before purchasing.

The D2s are completely different compared to the old, so there is really no comparison to be based yet.  YOU may or may not like it.

The RL-s is a new beast too. YOU may or may not like it.

The XXX has the reputation to back it up, but YOU may or may not like it.  All I can say on that one.

You have the W3s now, have you thought about stepping up to the W6v2s or even the dub7s?  Both excellent drivers that are more than capable of getting loud.  Especially in your confined space.

I know you said no Kicker, but Kent, the guy posting above me, has had excellent results with a soloX18 and has found it can be quite musical for the beast that it is.

ummm..yep, yep it is. it's actually going back into the truck over the next few days, and it will be getting a smaller enclosure as well (i've got to get rid of a 6ohm+ impedence spike,lol). tuned to 36hz and in ~5.5ft^3, lol, this thing is a monster! so much so that i didn't realize my midbass sucked as bad as it does because the s18x just simply overpowered everything.

as to the new d2's....ryan is right. the new ones are different, but IME still need a larger box then other subs in the class. so i'll stand by my statement.

but waiting might not be a bad thing...teh new d2's aren't far away, the rl-s is just about to make prototype stage, the xxx is fixing to be reborn as well as a new re sub about to be born....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

as to the new d2's....ryan is right. the new ones are different, but IME still need a larger box then other subs in the class. so i'll stand by my statement.

I forgot you played with the proto. :Doh: My bad. :fing34:

I wrote a lengthly article on testing the 12" prototype for the SI MAG, but at the moment, SoundIllusions.net is missing information, so I am unable to get the link to the article for you,

oh it was tested in an Explorer ;)

:owned:

lol...

IIRC, it was u who told me it wouldn't perform at it's best in the 2.5ft^3 i played it in...u said 3ft^3minimum for ported enclosure and u were correct. while it did a respectable job in the 2.5ft^3 enclosure, i'm sure a larger one would indeed do it justice.

btw, the new mag is a very clean sounding driver, easily as clean as the xxx and rl-p. of those three, the rl-p and mag drop the lowest in smaller boxes, and i mean they drop low. the xxx needs a larger sealed or ported box to run with either of these two in the lowlow department. (not saying it can't, but it does need enclosure help to do it)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

lol...

IIRC, it was u who told me it wouldn't perform at it's best in the 2.5ft^3 i played it in...u said 3ft^3minimum for ported enclosure and u were correct. while it did a respectable job in the 2.5ft^3 enclosure, i'm sure a larger one would indeed do it justice.

btw, the new mag is a very clean sounding driver, easily as clean as the xxx and rl-p. of those three, the rl-p and mag drop the lowest in smaller boxes, and i mean they drop low. the xxx needs a larger sealed or ported box to run with either of these two in the lowlow department. (not saying it can't, but it does need enclosure help to do it)

Hell, I don't remember that. It works very well in a minimum of 2.2 sealed, but damn, I had my old one in 3 cubes vented and it sounded horrible. Funny that I would suggest that. Hell, I don't know.

lol...

Hell, I don't remember that. It works very well in a minimum of 2.2 sealed, but damn, I had my old one in 3 cubes vented and it sounded horrible. Funny that I would suggest that. Hell, I don't know.

hey, this ring a bell???

I'm so interested to see how it will work in that enclosure as I know the previous version was poo in that tiny thing vented.

if ya want, maybe i dig up some of our IM convo's concerning it...lol...

either way, no biggie..just givin ya a bit of grief...

I have thought about this,

its 2 15 XXX or 2 15 mag d2 (or 1 depending on price)

w7 12" cost about 800 from my dealer and the amp to power that would be a 1000/1 so those alone will cost me 1400.

n i love jl but i wana move to a better brand to be like what u got jl but this hits as hard what? you know what i mean.

2 MAG 15's in the right enclosure will do some awesome things

Two RL-p 15s can do amazing things as well.

You should see the looks on people's faces when I let er rip. I love it, I could demo my car all day long.

Except the fact that it was totalled yesterday.....

Except the fact that it was totalled yesterday.....

:ohsnap::ohsnap:

I wouldnt buy a W7 for $800, thats ludacris.

The dual Mags/RL-p's would murder that 1 sub ( in teh right enclosure) and they cost less !

I wouldnt buy a W7 for $800, thats ludacris.

The dual Mags/RL-p's would murder that 1 sub ( in teh right enclosure) and they cost less !

:+1::+1:

I'm gettin a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport :-D yay

:fing34:

Kickin i love your setup, i just dont like kicker. Thats all its opinion and im sorry, i love double 5% tint.

I'm gettin a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport :-D yay

oh chit..lol....with ur dual 15" rl-p's..u'll be deaf...lol..

and there is nothing wrong with kicker, unless absolutely everybody u know is running them and u want to be different. i likes my s18x...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

RL-p'a i could buy 2 of those but why? ive never heard them, i might consider buying them if some one drives up here and lets me listen.

so kicken should i get...

x4 Kicker S12L7

x4 Hifonics BX1605D

would that be loud?

im kidding...

buddy is mine is doing a 148+ legal with two L5 10" and a colossus. I've never seen such a budget score in my life.

RL-p'a i could buy 2 of those but why? ive never heard them, i might consider buying them if some one drives up here and lets me listen.

so kicken should i get...

x4 Kicker S12L7

x4 Hifonics BX1605D

would that be loud?

im kidding...

talk to bumpinyota, he did some awesome numbers last year with 4 L7 12's, if you are not competing, you could run 4 10's or 4 8's if you feel you need to run 4 subs, if not a pair of 12's can get nasty for daily needs, honestly you could run a single KX 1200 to a pair and shake the crap out of the truck, if you want to push them harder, get a second one, I will always choose the KX 1200 over the BX 1605D