I have a powerbass 300.2x which does 80 wrms per channel at 4 ohm im running a set of alpine type s 6.5 coaxials they are 80 wrms i have to turn the gain all the way up on the amp to hear them/sound good would a headunit with 4 volt preouts help? Btw i have a speaker wired to each channel. And i have an alpine cde9876 i think two preouts that are 2 volts.

There is no reason to have the gain all the way up.

A 4v radio wouldn't help at all, as the gain is all ready at .2v setting anyway.

Then what is the reason it doesnt sound good unless the gains all the way up ill test anything if i blow the alpines ow well i got a warrNty from best buy!

Then what is the reason it doesnt sound good unless the gains all the way up ill test anything if i blow the alpines ow well i got a warrNty from best buy!

Can you show me a picture of how you have the settings on the amp set?

And btw, if you blow them due to too much power they will NOT warranty them.

Turn your gain up to the loudest non-distorting point, (which is probably not going to be ALL THE WAY UP), and if that isn't loud enough then you need a larger amp.

It doesnt distort wen its up all the wayof the amp does 80 wrms and the speakers are 80 whats the problem? Im not with my car i have gain all the way up high pass apl the way down set on low pass filter

Probably the fact that you have the low pass on and the high pass all the way down considering its not a subwoofer u need the high pass lpf is subs and hpf is for mids and highs.....if it has full range use that

It has full range on it then which filter turn up? Im not looking at it right now cause im at work but ill f**k with it wen i get off

And btw, if you blow them due to too much power they will NOT warranty them.

Depends.

I know for a laptop you can buy it with a certain warranty, walk out of the store, go to a swimming pool, use it as a surfboard, then pound nails in with the screen, set it on fire, then tap dance on it then go back into the store and get it replaced no problem, for free.

It also works with phones too.

Edited by BanginGMC

I paid for the 4 year replacement plan i think it covers jist about anything i knew a guy who accidently poked a hole in one of his mids he had this warranty and they gave him new ones

im not to familiar with running mids/highs from an amp, usually just use my h.u. plus ive never had any decent mids or highs but im thinkin try full range. and slowly turn your gain up on the full range so u dont beat the type s's to death. if theres to much bass going to them turn up the hpf knob. and remember on mids and highs theres no need for the low pass. low pass is for subs it pretty much takes the vocals and instuments out of the music so there is only bass. also what kind of head unit u running?

also like don ganso was saying dont turn gain all the way up id say maybe 3/4. turning it all the way up leads to clipping which in turn leads to frying the speakers

As everyone else has said, they sound like shit because your using the low pass....

Alright well im gonna look at my amp and tell you what i really set everything to i just got off work 10 pm to 10am is messing me up. But ill real set and let you know

I paid for the 4 year replacement plan i think it covers jist about anything i knew a guy who accidently poked a hole in one of his mids he had this warranty and they gave him new ones

Replacement plan and manufacturers warranty aren't the same. You are probably covered if you paid for that :)

Alright so i just wrote it wrong i did have the hi pass on but i had it turned all the way down i turned it to full range and i turned loud off on my headunit i turned the volume up till it started clipping and i did this with gain all the way up and then i gradually turned the gain down until it was no longer clipping and i did this till the gain was at half way and i turned it to as loud as i could stand it and then adjusted my filter till i heard no bass. Did i do this correctly?

if its louder and sounds good yea u did it right. u could turn whatever filter u mentioned at the end of your last post up a little bit if u want a little bass unless the tweets cant handle it and start poppin and shit.......

wow i finally helped someone on here instead of being the one needing help lol

Yea you helped good before it was loud at like 10 but once it got to 20 it sounded like crap but now its low at 10 medium at 15 and loud and clear at 25