Sign in to follow this  
ShaiTan

Amp power wire.

How much is it? I don't see a price. Welding cable is perfectly fine for car audio.

I use wire from here weldingsupply.com and it is nice.

Edit to add there is no need to buy the more flexible stuff from there the regular welding cable is very flexible as is.

I wouldn't use anything but welding cable.

I wouldn't use anything but welding cable.

I am the same way, I choose that way because of the price standpoint. I have some knukonceptz along with my welding cable, and I feel that the welding is just as flexible. Is that the same with you or do you have other reasons for using it? Just curious ::):

Makes my truck look almost stock under the hood and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb (wild color wise). Judge a last years Scrapin the Coast show had to look at it twice to see the changes. All 0ga and 2awg. Very easy to work with also (very flexible).

Makes my truck look almost stock under the hood and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb (wild color wise). Judge a last years Scrapin the Coast show had to look at it twice to see the changes. All 0ga and 2awg. Very easy to work with also (very flexible).

i use some split loom to cover the wire i dont want to be noticed under the hood. helps a lot with the color factor. knu gives some in their kits, enough to cover what i want in the engine bay. but i like the color im some places. at the amp connection i think it looks cool :)

very flexible and the price is right.

More $ in my pocket means more $ I can spend on other things that make me happy.

To each his own but my red welding cable is as good or better then some $5 foot purple shit.

How much is it? I don't see a price. Welding cable is perfectly fine for car audio.

I use wire from here weldingsupply.com and it is nice.

Edit to add there is no need to buy the more flexible stuff from there the regular welding cable is very flexible as is.

I first seen it on eBay in 50 and 100ft lengths. So i sent them an e-mail bout a month and a half ago and the price for 1/0 was $2.41 per foot and available in 25ft lengths as well. Also comes in a variety of colors (black, red, light blue, dark blue, orange, yellow, light green, dark green and tan) . You can also have custom lettering on the cable to personalize it if you wish (FREE of charge).

And from what they say...

And I quote....

"The maximum amperage which we would recommend at 25ft for 1/0 is 400"

Which is 50 amps higher than anyone else recommends at that distance. Unless i missed something.

very flexible and the price is right.

More $ in my pocket means more $ I can spend on other things that make me happy.

To each his own but my red welding cable is as good or better then some $5 foot purple shit.

A penny penny saved is a penny earned. And in some cases in wire it's dollars. So even better. $5 per ft wire is outrageous in price I would never buy wire at that price for 1/0. No matter who's name is on it.

The last wire I baught was Stinger Pro/HPM 4ga. Pretty good wire and easy to work with. But at around $1.30 per foot less in 1/0 than Stinger. I will take the Trystar flexible cable.

Ultra Felx is orange and still 60 cents more expensive per foot than Trystar cable 1/0. Even with the price break of bulk ordering of 50' Trystar is still 10 cents chaper.

Besides. Orange will not look good at all in my car since it is silver with dark gray interior. But it is an option for those who like orange.

Last time I bought wire, I got 1/0 welding cable from a local supplier, but it ended up being so expensive that I would have actually saved money buying from knu. No complaints with the wire at all, but online is way cheaper. If you can get the stuff cheap, go for it, welding cable is tough as nails from what I've seen. Just figured I'd throw it in there; good luck!

Edited by Don Ganso