splguy1989

amp shutting off and back on??? help

amp : sundown sae 1200d v2

vehicle : 95 gmc gimmy small one like blazer

problem : set the gain by ear, right at half way, and when i have my 15s turned way up, maybe 30 secs amp will shut off but come back on maybe 5 secs, it only does it turned way up after 30 secs continuously slammin and volt may go down around 8 or so and jimmy went dead some of those times.

so what can it be?????

need extra batt in back or what makes it shut off??

when i fix the problem ill post a vid under video section, loudest cvr 15s ive EVER heard for just 2 lol

amp : sundown sae 1200d v2

vehicle : 95 gmc gimmy small one like blazer

problem : set the gain by ear, right at half way, and when i have my 15s turned way up, maybe 30 secs amp will shut off but come back on maybe 5 secs, it only does it turned way up after 30 secs continuously slammin and volt may go down around 8 or so and jimmy went dead some of those times.

so what can it be?????

need extra batt in back or what makes it shut off??

when i fix the problem ill post a vid under video section, loudest cvr 15s ive EVER heard for just 2 lol

are you running the stock battery\alternator? also..8 volts? wow.

YOur amp is trying to save it's own life. YOu are trying to kill it running at 8v.

:suicide-santa:

the amp doesent even get warm when it shuts off.

and yes it runs at maybe 14.4, but after a min or so itl go to maybe 8-9 sometimes go dead, and yea stock alt like 110amp and everstart batt

YOur amp is trying to save it's own life. YOu are trying to kill it running at 8v.

soo its big electrical upgrade i need?

it didnt do it with my kx1200

soo its big electrical upgrade i need?

it didnt do it with my kx1200

No not really.

Do the big 3

check your grounds

Make sure you battery is good

That is not much power, you have other problems, but if you keep running it at 8v it will die a smoky death. Your amp is prolly already damaged and will never put out the power it did when new.

No not really.

Do the big 3

check your grounds

Make sure you battery is good

That is not much power, you have other problems, but if you keep running it at 8v it will die a smoky death. Your amp is probably already damaged and will never put out the power it did when new.

really can be damaged it only did it 2 times so i quit messin with it, ill do big 3 but i only have extra 4ga wire layin around will that definitelly help?

4 ga would be better then stock so yes it weill help.

Hopefully not. I am not wishing bad luck on you.

Watch these he really dumbs it down for us.

4 ga would be better then stock so yes it weill help.

Hopefully not. I am not wishing bad luck on you.

Watch these he really dumbs it down for us.

well give me maybe 15 mins or so and ill go do THE big 3 and reply, thanks thogh bro

i just had enough 4ga wire to go from the alternator to batt, and frame ground to batt

result :drink40:

MAAAAAJOR IMPROVEMENT, it does not cutt of ANY more, and before going down to 8-9v now it goes down at the LEAST 12v at a steady high volume, and actually its QUITE a bit louder believe it or not

so that fixed THE prob

I AM A try get vid ASAP i need a mem card for my new nikon cam, and went to walmart and they said they didnt have any for a nikon :puzzled:

hey, since that fixed it enough to stay above 12v turned up for a long time,

can i have it stay at above 13v just by adding a cheap ole energizer deep cycle marine batt????

they like 60 i believe, but using same alt and everything, with that extra deep cycle batt keep steady 13v, since it will hold a steady 12v with big 3?

Extra power is good.

Get a good battery for up front. Get some more wire and complete the big 3 too.