Sign in to follow this  
joe_prince

Enclosure for 2 Fi BL15's?

I was wondering what would be the best enclosure to make these subs get super loud, but not lose very much SQ? the max dimensions i can use are 58" (W) x 31" (H) x 38" (L), But that's max ( i don't plan on making a box that big unless that's what will be the best. Can you please give some dimensions or an estimate, and also what you think would be the best frequency to tune it to?

thank you

What's your goal for the system? How much power? What's it going in?

What's your goal for the system? How much power? What's it going in?

Well, i'm hooking them up to an Audioque 2200D, so each sub will be getting about 1,100 watts of power. And as i stated i want it to get as loud as it can without losing very much sound quality.

What do you think SQ is? Why would it being loud make it loose SQ?

What's it going in?

What do you think SQ is? Why would it being loud make it loose SQ?

What's it going in?

Well it's going in a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport. And i'm kinda new about knowing how SQ and SPL effect each other. sorry.

From my experience, subs up port up is a good SUV style box. Like the one in my avatar picture.

It sounds good and gets very loud.

Chose one. Loud or SQ.

My guess since you want 2 15's you want to be loud as shit and not sound like crap.

Correct?

You have plenty of room to build a proper enclosure for 2 15" BL's and that amp would be perfect for them. There is only one enclosure for the BL and that is ported. Follow the volume and port recommendations on Fi's web sight and you would be good to go!

Subs up port back in an SUV.

From my experience, subs up port up is a good SUV style box. Like the one in my avatar picture.

It sounds good and gets very loud.

That's a sick ass box. Did you make it?

Chose one. Loud or SQ.

My guess since you want 2 15's you want to be loud as shit and not sound like crap.

Correct?

You have plenty of room to build a proper enclosure for 2 15" BL's and that amp would be perfect for them. There is only one enclosure for the BL and that is ported. Follow the volume and port recommendations on Fi's web sight and you would be good to go!

Subs up port back in an SUV.

I think thats what i'm going to do. It recommends for 1 sub to go 2.8-4 cubic feet @ 28-37Hz with 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume. So if I'm right the box should be between 5.6 and 8 cubic feet. Do you recommend to use 12 or 16 square inches of vent are per cubic foot of volume? And I really like the lows and listen to mostly like Young Jeezy-type rap. But i also want to feel the bass hit my chest hard so I'm thinking about tuning it to about 32 or 33 hz. Do you think that would be good?

Thanks for the help man.

Jeezy isn't low man lol.

I think you would like a tuning around 35Hz. I would do like 7-8cubes with 12sqin of port. But that's just me.

Jeezy isn't low man lol.

I think you would like a tuning around 35Hz. I would do like 7-8cubes with 12sqin of port. But that's just me.

The low not in "I Put On" is 27Hz, but that's only one song. Your right. Well thanks for the suggestion man, you sound like you know what your talking about. Also i haven't built very many boxes before, will this be easy to do, or do suggest i go into the shop and get them to build it?

Jeezy isn't low man lol.

The low not in "I Put On" is 27Hz, but that's only one song. Your right. Well thanks for the suggestion man, you sound like you know what your talking about. Also i haven't built very many boxes before, will this be easy to do, or do suggest i go into the shop and get them to build it?

If they do good work, sometime shops do horrible work.

Jeezy isn't low man lol.

If they do good work, sometime shops do horrible work.

This is a good shop, it's the best rated in the county and the only ranked installer in the county. Also he is ranked in the top 100 installers in the world. So i'm guessing this place is pretty legit. Here's a link: http://www.thecarstereoguys.com/index.html

What is a ranked installer? lol I know a few people who could put him to shame in every way.

Just cause he can make it pretty doesn't mean he can make it loud.

You can build this box man, we can give you all the info you need and even a cut out sheet of all the wood.

What is a ranked installer? lol I know a few people who could put him to shame in every way.

You can build this box man, we can give you all the info you need and even a cut out sheet of all the wood.

That would be very helpful man, how would i get that?

There are a few guys on here that can do it for you. Talk to a few of the enclosure builders and see what they have to say.

SSA Car Audio Forum -> Fisher Customs

There are a few guys on here that can do it for you. Talk to a few of the enclosure builders and see what they have to say.

Thanks man that would be a lot cheaper then getting him to build it.

Thanks man that would be a lot cheaper then getting him to build it.

i'm just saying, if your not confident in your box building then he could build you a great box that would get loud and sound good doing so.

5.5 cubes - $240

For a carpeted ported box to your house form Fisher Customs. I'm sure he can make one to your specs.

5.5 cubes - $240

For a carpeted ported box to your house form Fisher Customs. I'm sure he can make one to your specs.

And that would be a top of the line box right? This guy seems like he knows what he's doing. I just emailed BJ, hope he'll get back soon. Also do you know what the shipping rates are?

5.5 cubes - $240

And that would be a top of the line box right? This guy seems like he knows what he's doing. I just emailed BJ, hope he'll get back soon. Also do you know what the shipping rates are?

The prices include shipping.

5.5 cubes - $240

That's so awesome. thanks again for the help and suggestions.

5.5 cubes - $240

That's so awesome. thanks again for the help and suggestions.

Of course.

Sign in to follow this