Sign in to follow this  
Hansk

2 DC Level 15's in an EXPLORER!!

well, my subaru kicked the bucket and i went and bought a 2003 Ford Explorer with 61,000 miles on it this past sunday. Which means i get to un-install all the stuff from my subaru and re-install everything back into the explorer. This is what i have done so far...

-headunit

-2 amps

-second batt

-and of course subs and box

and my dumbass forgot to take a lot of pictures., i dont know what it is but once i get to working i just forget completely about pis. i think the only 2 pics i got is when i had the dash out for the head unit and when mounting the fuse under the hood. but this is what i got

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

still gotta mount the bass knob somewhere

IMG_0673.jpg

still gotta buy a new toggle switch for the e-brake wire

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

man it was a B**** to hook the wires to the batt up under that seat.... hardly any room

IMG_0680.jpg

the box sounds a lot better in this car cause there a lot more room around the box for the sounds waves to get by

IMG_0681.jpg

th_IMG_0670.jpg

my fiance wanting to drive my car for the first time so i figured a good video time....

th_IMG_0683.jpg

my fiance explains how much vibrations thee were....hahaha vibrations

th_IMG_0685.jpg

still left to do it reinstall my door speakers which are alpine type r components.. maybe do some door pods in the future and some a pillars but i gotta figure out a way to do it b/c im planning on not having the car too long do i don't wanna have to do some fabrication that not needed so i can sell it.

let me know what ya'll think..

Cool car =] i got the same in a 2004 only with different wheels.

Good luck on the... transfer? ha

That's a pretty badass box... you make that yourself?

Nice come up and tidy job on the wires :fing34: , you gave me some ideas.

That's a pretty badass box... you make that yourself?

i got it made like 2 months ago and im not very good with build boxes cause i have done enough of them ... i designed it but i had a guy help me build it...(who of course did most of the work)

Nice come up and tidy job on the wires :fing34: , you gave me some ideas.

thank you sir... my old shit looked ratty and i wanted to make this one realllllllly nice..... i got lucky though when i ran the power from the front batt to the second batt under the car, there was a grommet right underneath the seat that the batt is under, then mounted the fuses on the back wall under the seat.(it will be a bitch to change then out the fuses if they ever blow but looks nice and hidden) ill take some pics of that tomorrow.

"i couldnt swallow!!" HAHA! Dont you hate that problem!

FINALLY :woot: hahahah i thought someone would get a kick outta that

nobody else has any comments... i tinted the windows today and the next thing i's going to look into doing (not audio) is some 22 in rims..

I think if you put tweets in the a-pillars resale wouldn't really be problem. Although they would have to be done to look natural.

Nice install with the transistion! Box looks great! Vid is funny with the "I couldn't swallow"!

fing34.gif

I think if you put tweets in the a-pillars resale wouldn't really be problem. Although they would have to be done to look natural.

i'll post a pic of the place i wanna put them a little later on this week. Its located on the panels itself and after the placement and mounting, the tweets would would be directed towards the driver and passenger directly without any door modifications.

Nice install with the transistion! Box looks great! Vid is funny with the "I couldn't swallow"!

fing34.gif

Thanks. i love the box. Even more than i did when it was in my old car.

well today i got my component speakers put in my car, but i didn't do this one myself. reason being i've never put tweets in the a pillars before so i wanted to see how it was done. i took it to a shop by my house and they let me stick around and watch while they did it so i could see how it was done( i didn't want to mess anything up). here are the picks. let me know what you think.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

i might get another set and find someone around my area that knows how to do door pods and help me with that cause i really don't know how to do that either. i mean ive played around with a practice one before but i'm going to need some guidance on that one.

How much did they charge to do the install?

it was around 190 bc i lost my 6x8 mounting plates that came with my 6.5 set and they had to make new ones

Edited by Hans