smashedz28

Details on AA subs?

Im one of those guys who can look over some t/s specs and not know what the hell im lookin at lol.. Basically AA is new to me, i went straight for the Fi BTL, but ive been seeing these for sale locally lately (craigslist) and im curious.. For the most part i need to know what each sub is good for.. as in SPL, SQ.. Ive been eyeballin these 2 havoc 12's but dont really want to buy them knowing nothing about them.. AA is a good name, that im sure of. just need more details, if someone could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. At the very least someone who knows the havoc series please fill me in. :)

Edited by smashedz28

they are owned by the same people/person. As far as i know the owner of fi bought AA or something. So you get the same CS and quality with both companies. (i didnt know AA before it was owned by "Fi", so i cant compare anything before that.) but im in the same boat, i want to learn about them. so this is mostly a bump post :D

The AA Mayhem is closer to the BTL. The Havoc is a little different of a beast, but still and awesome sub woofer.

The AA Mayhem is closer to the BTL. The Havoc is a little different of a beast, but still and awesome sub woofer.

yes, steve at FI wanted to go in a different direction than nick so they branched off and steve started his own brand Ascendant Audio, the companies are completely unrelated regarding owners and employees, but the technology is very very similar, if you look at an fi q vs an AA havoc you will find them very similar. both use teh same surrounds and spider structures,

i have seen both and the build quality on both drivers was superb

I currently run 2 Ascendant audio havoc 15's in a sealed enclosure, they slam pretty good, but they sound incredible

both teh fi Q and the Ascendant audio Havoc are designed for sound quality first and loudness second, it does the first VERY well, and still manages to do a damn good job on the second.

the havoc is alllmost as loud as the fi bl to the ear, but the bl shaves a few more db at the meter.

The mayhem is ascendant audio's answer to the FI BTL, overall i would say they are an even match, though i would still choose Mayhem because to my ears they seem to hit the higher bass a little harder then the btl, but below 45 hz for both subs it is a dead heat.

the SMD series is jsut insane, that's all i got to say about it, i don't have another sub to really compare it to that i have actually heard before, but if you want to ask me " is it louder then the btl?" or "does it beat the Mayhem?"

the answer will be "yes, deffinately"

ive had btls and bls. loved em both but know i have havocs and im whipped! its a sq sub that can get very loud. my box is fucked up, it keeps blowing apart, and im still doin almost a 152 on music in a box thats less then minimum spec. everyday i listen to em i get happier

yes, steve at FI wanted to go in a different direction than nick so they branched off and steve started his own brand Ascendant Audio, the companies are completely unrelated regarding owners and employees, but the technology is very very similar, if you look at an fi q vs an AA havoc you will find them very similar. both use teh same surrounds and spider structures,

I currently run 2 Ascendant audio havoc 15's in a sealed enclosure, they slam pretty good, but they sound incredible

both teh fi Q and the Ascendant audio Havoc are designed for sound quality first and loudness second, it does the first VERY well, and still manages to do a damn good job on the second.

the havoc is alllmost as loud as the fi bl to the ear, but the bl shaves a few more db at the meter.

The mayhem is ascendant audio's answer to the FI BTL, overall i would say they are an even match, though i would still choose Mayhem because to my ears they seem to hit the higher bass a little harder then the btl, but below 45 hz for both subs it is a dead heat.

the SMD series is jsut insane, that's all i got to say about it, i don't have another sub to really compare it to that i have actually heard before, but if you want to ask me " is it louder then the btl?" or "does it beat the Mayhem?"

Umm.. you mean Scott. Also, Fi and AA are the same company, same owner, same employees.

The Mayhem will be louder to your ears, and the BTL will do better numbers, that does vary my installation though.

LOL..no clue where you got that one from but it made me giggle :)

There is no Steve..

Just Scott...and he owns both companies.

We're not going in any different directions...just one is a dealer based entity that is geared to what a shop can and does sell and stock on a shelf. The other is direct only for those who do things themselves instead of wanting to purchase something from a shop and have them install it.

Those PA guys :puzzled:

good clarification :) Wish AA was sold somewhere here in my town.. these shops suck big time, and the guys who work at them are cut throat.. went in a few months ago guy was tryin to sell me a HCCA 15 for $500 ... i go back last week and he tells me he is ready to cut me a deal.. $600 .. i laughed at that :) maybe its better they dont sell em here..rant..

I enjoy the comparisons from Fi to AA, they make things much easier to understand. I'm just wondering what Fi may release to compare to the SMD :peepwall: I've enjoyed the havocs I've heard in the past, but I don't know how your experience would be going from 1 18" BTL to 2 12s on the same power.

:wub:

That guy proved in the same post that he has absolutely no knowledge of woofers or the company that makes his woofers. His post = :bull:

That guy proved in the same post that he has absolutely no knowledge of woofers or the company that makes his woofers. His post = :bull:

Well yeah.. we all know that lol but i just love reading that the SMD is amazing, makes it easier when i send the money out for two lol

ive had btls and bls. loved em both but know i have havocs and im whipped! its a sq sub that can get very loud. my box is fucked up, it keeps blowing apart, and im still doin almost a 152 on music in a box thats less then minimum spec. everyday i listen to em i get happier

What kinda car?

What kinda car?

magnum

I wonder if Steve @ Fi / AA knows Mike @ Sundown Audio... I heard that Mike owns Sundown (no really, I heard that).