ShaneSauce

Help me make the most out of my temp setup

I have temporary bass right now that I paid about $60 bucks for, its a alpine type e in a pre-fab truck box that is about 1cuft and ported to a high frequency I am guessing, its running on my zx750 pretty strongly.

Like expected there is absolutely no bottom end compared to my ssd 15 lol, I wanna order another type e for 60 and make my own box this week.

Would these sound decent with about 2.5 cuft each and tuned to about 34 hz?

Very subjective question that has been asked before.

Save your money and buy once to buy right. :drink40:

Trust me I understand about saving money to get the bigger better system but.. I need more bass now! lol

This single 12 in 1 cube is killing me lol

Just wait man its not gonna kill you to save your money.

I waited a whole yr and 6 months to get bass back popped my 12 BL in the car and then i found out that i blew the amp too.

Now im back to square 1 saving money again to buy a better amp. So just wait it will be well worth it in the end when you have people turning their heads.

Why waste money on another woofer? Just build a correct enclosure for the one you have.

Alpine says the woofer should be in something no LARGER than 1.74^3ft if you have the 12" woofer and 1.25^3ft if you have the 10". Tune to 31-38hz.

Why waste money on another woofer? Just build a correct enclosure for the one you have.

Alpine says the woofer should be in something no LARGER than 1.74^3ft if you have the 12" woofer and 1.25^3ft if you have the 10". Tune to 31-38hz.

Thanks for this info, I don't see buying another woofer as a huge expense for the amount of output I would get out of the 2 12's in a optimal box for the price.

I don't really start making good money until I get done with school in 2 weeks so I need some acceptable bass while saving up for the insane bass.

:D

Where is the SSD in your sig?

Youre about to spend $120 on temp subs when thats about the half the price of a quality one. Plus whatever the enclosures cost.

SSD was sold for rims.

The build I'm about to start is gonna cost at least $1,500 so 100 isn't too much to me.

So why not use the money on a better temporary woofer if you are unable to wait?

$120 towards a new SSD?

I hate to tell you but...if you plan on spending $1500 on what is in your sigs next build...think again.

If your gonna be stuck with the type e for a while. Then I say go for it. Buy another for $60 build a cheap box. And have decent bass untill you can step up. Then sell the two type e's for $100 to somebody on craigslist. Then your out what? Maybe $50? If it'll make you happy then don't listen to everybody else.

SSD was sold for rims.

The build I'm about to start is gonna cost at least $1,500 so 100 isn't too much to me.

So why not use the money on a better temporary woofer if you are unable to wait?

$120 towards a new SSD?

I hate to tell you but...if you plan on spending $1500 on what is in your sigs next build...think again.

truth, going over 2krms you start spending some money. Or you can just slap together a 2k+ rms setup and complain that you're wrecking amps/subs/etc. Upgrading electrical gets expensive quick.

If your gonna be stuck with the type e for a while. Then I say go for it. Buy another for $60 build a cheap box. And have decent bass untill you can step up. Then sell the two type e's for $100 to somebody on craigslist. Then your out what? Maybe $50? If it'll make you happy then don't listen to everybody else.

sorry but, I will never agree with that logic. Why should he spend money to lose it?

sorry but, I will never agree with that logic. Why should he spend money to lose it?

That's how car stereo works. Your going to lose money. Unless your very frugal and get amazing deals on everything you buy. Everytime you upgrade or change equipment you lose money, especially if you buy new.

Maybe your happiness isn't worth $50. But mine is. If i can be happier for a small amount of money then I'm all for it. It just depends on how you look at it. I would do the same thing if I was him. It's the same reason I go spend money at strip clubs once a month. It's throwing money away. But I enjoy it. And at least he can resell the subs.

Edited by hondakilla98

The E is a throw away woofer, not worth another. Instead if you "must" buy something, find something used you can resell later and recoop your cash.

To the poster above I am getting either 2 12's or 2 15's for the build and I'm only running 2,000 watts not 4,000.

I guess I will just figure something out until I start my next build.

Shitcan the prefab and build your own box to Alpine ported specs and see how you like the output. I would hold off on buying anything more until your ready to put together the system you want.

To the poster above I am getting either 2 12's or 2 15's for the build and I'm only running 2,000 watts not 4,000.

I guess I will just figure something out until I start my next build.

I was basing that off of what is in your sig. ;)