CrownVic

2000 police interceptor build log

Could be you box is leaking. I've heard a leaky box make a slap/clap before.

thats not a very good ground IMO.. the best place is the frame on these cars....

it can be cone slap, a leaky box, a lose dust cap.. a few things..

running the A/C is a huge strain on the charging system.. thats why i run almost 500 amp hours worth of cells...

Well Ill check that later. I tried to upload the video but it was to long. That ground is good I checked it with a DMM.

Next on the list are batteries, componet set, amp, and definately some sound deadener. Ill take a good video later since that ones to long, but I gotta go to the junkyard to get a oxygen sensor now ill post the video up before the days over since im off work today.

Thanks for the input

Edit: I think it could be cone slap because it seems like the sound comes from under the cone, what would fix or cause this?

Edited by CrownVic

Im pretty sure thats not it because it does is on low power also its just not as noticable, Ive heard a sub bottom out before its not really like that I think its tinsel slap from what Ive read but I really am not sure. Im positive its not that also because It did it when I hooked it up to my kicker 300.1 (300 watts rms) tomorrow ill take a video of it.

Well your tinsels are under the spiders it looks like,so i don't think it's tinsel slap.

thats not a very good ground IMO.. the best place is the frame on these cars....

it can be cone slap, a leaky box, a lose dust cap.. a few things..

running the A/C is a huge strain on the charging system.. thats why i run almost 500 amp hours worth of cells...

Agreed. Just to the right on the frame there should be the few pre-existing holes I was referring to earlier.

Most of the time I ride around with windows down to avoid AC but it's been getting hotter and hotter lately. The few 100 degree days so far were a wake up call to summer.

I got the amp installed and my first thoughts were WOW its loud as fuck. I honestly thought it would be louder though but on the downside my sub makes a loud slapping sound :puzzled:. Other than that it sounds good digs the lows and sets off alarms. Its freaking awesome! I was driving through a neighborhood and set an alarm off on an F-250. My voltage stays at about 13.3-4 on a long bass note like in BME click. Ill take pics in vids tomorrow in the daylight. It also made my license plate screw fall out.

And to BanginGMC unwrapping that serious ass packing you did was the longest 40 seconds of my life.

Hahahah well I wanted to make sure it didn't break on ya when it got shipped :fing34:

Any pictures of unwrapping?

It's be great if you could do a Classifieds Feedback on me :)

Sorry for the lack of vids. I got drunk and left my camera in the car and honestly just don't wanna walk out there now. I'll let them start uploading tomorrow though. And sorry BanginGMC I was to excited to take pics, but to anyone whos curious it was well so well packaged to the point of being annoying, but it was relieving to know that the amp could be thrown from a building and come out fine.

lead slap is very hard to achieve with the BTL's since the lead is tied down, i guarantee it's bottoming out. Listen or don't listen, when your sub reaches its mechanical limit and breaks, don't say i didnt tell you so.

It's mechanically impossible to bottom out a BTL, and like Julian stated tinsels can't slap if they are tied down.

Sounds like a lose panel ;)

Here are some crappy videos. The box does have an air leak which could be the cause.

Edited by CrownVic