i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the AQ1200D, its cheap and i'm debating if i should save my money and get it.

its cheap.

You answered your own question! shrug.gif

its cheap.

DAMN! i was hoping it wasn't... You Win Again Sundown....

If it has the specs you need, the power you want, and fits your budget........get it.

It's not a bad amp, people just talk shit because they see other people do it, not because they have ever owned one.

I run cheap and shitty amps too ! lol

its cheap.

DAMN! i was hoping it wasn't... You Win Again Sundown....

Price and performance Sundown SAZ or the upcoming new SAX series would be a better buy. You get what you pay for imo.

im a super OCD with this kind of stuff, i need something that is cheap, but i need said thing to be EXACTLY what i want and i hate it. i think ill get the AQ, for now and then upgrade to the sundown. i need to save as much money as i possibly can. GAH i hate these types of decisions >.<"

im a super OCD with this kind of stuff, i need something that is cheap, but i need said thing to be EXACTLY what i want and i hate it. i think ill get the AQ, for now and then upgrade to the sundown. i need to save as much money as i possibly can. GAH i hate these types of decisions >.<"

The AQ is a fine amp. I have installed 3-4 of the 1200's and 2 of their bigger brother the 2200. All do rated power and all work flawlessly.

He is right, people talk shit because they see the MOD's do it. I have never seen a bad thing from an AQ that was the amps fault.

The AQ is a fine amp. I have installed 3-4 of the 1200's and 2 of their bigger brother the 2200. All do rated power and all work flawlessly.

He is right, people talk shit because they see the MOD's do it. I have never seen a bad thing from an AQ that was the amps fault.

alright, i guess i'll change my sig and tell sundown that i will see them soon.

:)

And from testing, as far as we can tell the "Clip" LED on the bass knob is pretty accurate.

Shizzon had issues with his first set of AQ amps. Would have to search to find the post. I know AQ took care of him so the CS at AQ is good.

I'm a Sundown Rep so yes I am biased, therefore my answer. Sundown has proven itself over the years with great products and cs.

Buy what fit's the budget!

And from testing, as far as we can tell the "Clip" LED on the bass knob is pretty accurate.

o.O clip LED?! Time for some Vid on Youtube!!!

o.O clip LED?! Time for some Vid on Youtube!!!

Yes, AQ and DD amps use the same bass knob. It has a blue "Power" LED and a red "clip" LED. The blue one is always one and the red one flashes or lights up as you send a clipped signal to woofers.

what size gauge wire does the AQ1200D take? i cant seem to find it, everyone is using 4 gauge but i dunno...

what size gauge wire does the AQ1200D take? i cant seem to find it, everyone is using 4 gauge but i dunno...

I'm pretty sure 4awg. :)

Pro: i can save even more money

CON: when i upgrade i spend more money

lol

Pro: i can save even more money

CON: when i upgrade i spend more money

lol

Solution, do 1/0 the first time. Use a D-Block to bring it down to 4awg.

AQ = eh. :shrug:

Why?

Ever seen anything wrong with them?

D-BLock would this be good? and will i need a fuse, i cant tell if it comes with one...

D-BLock would this be good? and will i need a fuse, i cant tell if it comes with one...

That would work, but you can just go to Best Buy and grab a Rockford one. I think it has one 1/0 in and four 4awg out.

and then this for the terminals on the battery?

maybe? what terminals are you using?

or battery even?