Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nelson

LI-12 or SA-12? which one better for me?

Well, I think I am leaning towards two sealed twelves now, instead of an icon or xcon in a large ported box. Since IA doesn't post any specs on their woofers, it is hard to model responses and compare these two woofers.

If I were to put these woofers into an optimum sealed enclosure, which would be better? What I mean by better is which one would give me the lowest extension, and upper extension, and the best SQ?

Sundown shows an F3 of 44hz in a 1 cu. ft. box. that isn't too bad, and should dig pretty deep, but I cannot tell anything about the LI. They are both rated at 600 watts which will match nicely to my amp. They are priced the same. They both have great reviews and everyone seems to like them.

Overall, would I notice a differance between the lethal injection or the SA-12 if they were in their optimum sealed enclosure?

I vote Icon, since it is in stock. I am a little biased. :tehe: ;)

I would love to do an icon. I know that will be a crap ton of bass too, its just hard to guage without ever hearing these woofers or a system much larger then mine actually.

Another question....are the icons shipping with the new cone? I just saw in a new build thread, (maybe stafan's?) that they had the look of an xcon. Are they all shipping like that?

Also, my amp has a fixed SSF at 28hz. So I will probably tune the box at 28-30hz. but how high could I go before I would run into problems?

I would love to do an icon. I know that will be a crap ton of bass too, its just hard to guage without ever hearing these woofers or a system much larger then mine actually.

Another question....are the icons shipping with the new cone? I just saw in a new build thread, (maybe stafan's?) that they had the look of an xcon. Are they all shipping like that?

Also, my amp has a fixed SSF at 28hz. So I will probably tune the box at 28-30hz. but how high could I go before I would run into problems?

Those are the prototypes. We are allowing a few people to grab the newer version before their "official release", as we are still awaiting parts for the 10" model. The differences is the Xcon cone, upgraded suspension, sandwiched leads, and coil change. As for tuning, you can tune the box in the 31/32hz range and be fine. :)

Those are the prototypes. We are allowing a few people to grab the newer version before their "official release", as we are still awaiting parts for the 10" model. The differences is the Xcon cone, upgraded suspension, sandwiched leads, and coil change. As for tuning, you can tune the box in the 31/32hz range and be fine. :)

oh ok. When would the new icons ship?

Will still be a little bit yet. If you would like the prototype version, specify it in your order. ;)`

If you want T/S specs for the LI email Nick at Incriminator Audio. As far as which subwoofer will give you the most in a sealed box? I would have to say SSA DCON, ICON or XCON!

Will still be a little bit yet. If you would like the prototype version, specify it in your order. `

Hmmmm. :orly3: (Sorry for the thread hijack. :peepwall: )

Will still be a little bit yet. If you would like the prototype version, specify it in your order. ;)`

are the T/S parameters on the prototype the same as the current icon?

And would the prototype be the same price and have the same warranty?

If you want T/S specs for the LI email Nick at Incriminator Audio. As far as which subwoofer will give you the most in a sealed box? I would have to say SSA DCON, ICON or XCON!

I actually did email LI asking for the specs. He said that they normally dont give the specs out because all the woofers are custom built. So I didn't ask again

you got three good choices to pick from. the little bit of playing around i have done with th Li 12s i must admit that they have some serious potential to do damage. i've only put two in a sealed box and now i run one ported and they get good and loud on rms power.

you got three good choices to pick from. the little bit of playing around i have done with th Li 12s i must admit that they have some serious potential to do damage. i've only put two in a sealed box and now i run one ported and they get good and loud on rms power.

How did they do on the lows in the sealed box?

to be totally honest i had figured at first since the sealed box i was using was a little on the small side that they would not dig deep but i was dead wrong they still got down pretty good but not as low as the i 12 in the ported box its tuned to 31. but its still good tho

to be totally honest i had figured at first since the sealed box i was using was a little on the small side that they would not dig deep but i was dead wrong they still got down pretty good but not as low as the i 12 in the ported box its tuned to 31. but its still good tho

I just need to decide how much output I really want. I have the power to run 1 icon ported, or can run two of them sealed but a little underpowered. I can fully power two LI-12's or SA-12's sealed box. I have the room, but am not going to use it to port two 12's. And a 15 doesn't fit because of height restrictions, and I don't wanna build a slanted face box to make a 15 fit.

Dilemmas dilemmas....

I know its all install dependant, but what are some of the numbers that ppl hit with one Icon? Just some general numbers?

are the T/S parameters on the prototype the same as the current icon?

And would the prototype be the same price and have the same warranty?

As there have been a few different versions of the "prototype" so we have not pulled official specs. At the moment, as it is still not fully released yet, pricing has not changed yet, and yes, warranty stays.

:P a little bit biased huh :P

The Fi Q is also a sub that get's down in a sealed box and it's also loud.

But i don't know if u could hear a difference between these 3 woofers.(ICON VS Fi Q VS IA LI)

Edited by kirill007

i think if you are willing to run two 12s sealed then you may want to step up to a single(xcon,z,deathrow,havoc) 12 ported that should have nice output

i think if you are willing to run two 12s sealed then you may want to step up to a single(xcon,z,deathrow,havoc) 12 ported that should have nice output

one 12 ported would be a fun project, as I have never ran a ported box myself. I would probably on have 1000 watts available on my stock electrical for the sub-stage. I also run a alpine pdx-4.100 to power my type R comps in the front. 2 channels aren't being used at the moment. I haven't done the big 3 yet, but will sometime this summer. The xcon has just too much potential that I wouldn't touch, the Z would be too big, haven't considered the havoc before, and the death row could work.

I also forgot about the exodus woofers. I could run the shiva-x2 in sealed boxes. They have real nice extension in sealed boxes, and are real nice sounding woofers.

So i just do not know what to do right now, as I'm sure whichever I pick I will be more then happy.

and running a prototype Icon sounds like a real cool Idea too :drink40: