erik67111

2 12s vs 2 10s

im buying a new truck 2003 chevy silverado swb 4x4 reg cab i went and measured i can fit 2 12s sealed or 2 10s ported im going with the fi ssd i already have an amp its an audiopipe 1500d the fi's are going to be stock no upgrades.

im wanting to know which would get louder im open to input on the subs to get also i only want to spend about 350 for the pair tho

Sealed boxes are more for sound quality than getting loud. There are exceptions to this, but its a good rule of thumb to follow.

If getting loud is your goal, a ported box is what you'll need to build. The next thing on your agenda would be to measure the space that your box is going to go in and see how large of an enclosure you can fit.

From there (and based on what numbers you get), you get to pick a subwoofer and then an amplifier.

i already have figured it up and i got 3 cubes total if i scoot the seat up i probably could get 4 cubes so ill probably get the twelves and just see how it goes i can always sell them and buy the tens

i already have figured it up and i got 3 cubes total if i scoot the seat up i probably could get 4 cubes so ill probably get the twelves and just see how it goes i can always sell them and buy the tens

Why? Your quite clearly the type of guy that would more appreciate a ported box over a sealed one.

Instead of two 12's sealed (even ported, the box would be undersized a tad), why not just go with one SSD 15" ported? You've got the space for it. You can use external aero ports to gain back the volume you would lose with a conventional internal slot port.

You could try 3 10s or 4 8s ... just a juggestion. :popcorn: