Jaker89

12 inch warden

I'm looking for a little help. I am use to building daily boxes for subs and never have built a competition/SPL box. I ordered my warden and am waiting for it to come in. In the meanwhile my boredom increases and I am going to attempt to build a burp box for one. Does anyone have any recomendations at all for cubic feet, tuning, and square inches of port? I am aiming for having this done before the sub gets here(which i have been waiting for awhile for it, but am not in a major rush). I have a 2002 grand prix that it is going in. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have never dealt with anything as massive and breath taking as the warden before.

Well first you want to find the resonant frequency of your car, usually around high 40's or 50hz. Then you want a large box tuned just below that frequency so it peaks at that frequency and then you want a lot of port area. External aero ports seem to be a favorite right now.

I am by no means an expert, but this is what i have learned so far

Everyone i have talked to says a super small box like 1 cubic foot tunes SUPER high like 50hz.

Search for Thorshammer's posts. IIRC he has a GP and does 150's with a pair of 10's. At around 42-44hz. You can pick up some good box placement ideas from his posts.

And super small can go take a hike :P

what works in one car may not work in another.

What i do is build the largest net volume with the largest possible port area that can fit length wise in the car that will be tuned way below what your car peaks at.

then from there, u just test test test by varying port length, net volume and firing direction.

Port area is your friend, tune about 10 Hz. below your resonant frequency and pour some power into it.

So i ordered the 12 inch warden and am waiting for it to arrive. I have been trying and trying to build a box for it. I have thrown together probably 20 designs and still cant get one that looks right. Can anyone give me some advice on a burp box for one. Im aiming for super high 140's to 150+db on 3000 watts on a burp. I know its possible so im not to worried about not being able to do it. Everyone i talk to that has seen a warden has seen it done even just on a single 12.

Anyone have any input on building the box? like cubic feet, tuning, port area? Any input would be much appreciated.

The freq. of my grand prix is roughly 54-56ish. we tested it, but with a shitty tester and a single 10. thats what we got. so tune to like 45 hz and throw 6k at it?

Man if you need help getting loud in a trunk car and plan on building a burp box for it, you need too use quarter wave theory to figure out your tuning, and do about 30 sq in of port per cube. Getting loud out of the trunk is extremely hard and takes lots of power and testing man. If you have any more questions pm me im working on doing a 154+ out of my trunk right now, i finally got a 150+ out of my trunk last weekend.

2002 grand prix

2002 grand prix

I dont think you quite realize how hard it is to pull a 150 in a trunk, you need either more cone area or a lot more power too do so.

1. Pure SPL? No music?

2.What amp/amps?

3. What ohm is the woofer?

4.What organization do you compete in?

5. What mods are done to your car?

1. Pure SPL? No music? pure SPL

2.What amp/amps? either 1 audiopipe 3k or 2 memphis 4k's

3. What ohm is the woofer? dual 2

4.What organization do you compete in? just local dbdrag. i dont wanna do anything bigger until i know im better.

5. What mods are done to your car? 220 amp alt. overdrive pulley. 4 115 ah batteries. big 3.

merged the 2 same threads into 1

I have this one cuz noone was giving me any info at all. I got asked questions that i stated in the original topic.

I am just waiting for a little input before i put a box together. I haven't gotten input on ANY of the forums that I am using.

No one with any experience is going to come on here and say that you will hit the numbers your looking for just by looking at your equipment list. You should know by now that it is all in the install and to hit 150+ out of a trunk takes WORK. Now, with that in mind, what exactly are you looking for?

Edited by Bearlokey13

It will take more testing than you imagine, I've never seen 150 out of a trunk on a single 12" FYI.

There was a Neon in canada, 151.5 certified, Street A and ~152 in testing, with a single mt 12 and a Cactus 5k.

For a box size guideline, go bigger than the recommended box and modify volume from there.

I stand corrected :)