smashedz28

S10 extended cab box help

Im having a hell of a time fitting a box into my s10, along time ago i bought a pre fabbed sealed enclosure for 2 12's, downfire design.. fits nicely behind the seats.. well the box is crap and im ready to go ported, i have 2 Re SR12's i built a box for and it was garbage as well.. has anyone built a box for these trucks? mine is a 1998. Im thinking about just going with 1 12" to get an optimal box size. More than likely a Fi BL or Q 12". havent decided yet.. so again if anyone has built for this vehicle or can show me some pictures of what other people do i would appreciate it. Also Im a bigger guy so the seat needs to be as far back as possible (no tilt wheel).

the current box is 1.75 cu Ft per side, separated in the middle. So there should be enough room back there to make this work.

Edited by smashedz28

im sure the space is there, just want to see what other's have done with this vehicle.

My son's freind has an extended cab S10 and I helped them setup the components he already had by building a box and amp rack that would fit in his truck. Seats still go all the way back, 3rd door opens and closes nicely and we did not even use all the space available. The enclosures on each side of the amp rack were about 1.5cu' each tuned to 32Hz. Hope this helps...

img2736jl.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-06

i love that design! clean plus the amps arent mounted just to the top of the box (like mine). You said you got 1.5 from each side.. maybe i should re consider the sub. i was thinkin maybe 1 12" so i could use the max space and get the most out of it.. maybe i should find a sub i could be happy with in a 10" model that requires a bit smaller box and just run 2.. i really love this design man, if you got any more pictures please post em or anything else. Thank you :)

...wonder if the sa-8's will be available again anytime soon.. :)

PM sent asking for more info :)

2 10" Fi BL - Ported box: .7-1.5cuft ea. or...

2 10" SSA ICON - Ported: 1.35 cu.ft. @ 27-33hz opt.

never heard either of these... heard a few Fi Subs and ive been impressed every time.. but i hear SSA subs are awesome too ..

ive built 20+ boxes for an extended cab ranger (same thing) best setup for spl metering is subs up port to the driver side (mic in pass. kick)

build a false floor first (and if you already mentioned it i apologize, didnt sift through every post), if you go to home depot, they sell precut sheets of 4x2 foot 1/2" MDF, you can actually measure the height of the back hump at the rear wall, cut that off the 2' dimension, then connect them at 90 degree angle, so this builds a stable flat surface to attach your box too (and you can screw this false floor to the hump then screw the box to the false floor from the inside of the box and this make it almost impossible to steal)

Build your box with the port facing the driver side with the subs up!

you would be surprised at the airspace you can fit (i ran 3 15's before although not very comfortable and meant for spl burping)

heres a pic of one RE MT 12 on one hifonics goliath with sub up and 4 precision ports on the outside facing driver side (this setup did 150+)

IMG00089.jpg

very ugly but stupid loud box (2 memphis mojo 15s on two goliaths, 30s average of 152)

IMG00033.jpg

you can see the false floor in the first pic

Thanks for the post, My problem is with the seat all the way back sub up might not work too well at the height it will need to be, with the seat reclining and all. But ill for sure take into consideration, i wont be doing any type of competing with this truck, its my commuter truck everyday for work, just want something clean and good sounding in there and be able to sit comfortably the 2 hours a day i drive it. Also thanks for the info on the false floor, thats a must however i decide to make the box. When you say port facing the driver side.. do you mean port facing forward on the drivers side (aimed right at the back of the seat?) or port facing straight across aimed at the back drivers side window? Do you have any pics of any of your boxes laying around? would love to see some. Im a visual type of dude.. seeing something already built helps me.

you just posted pics, my bad lol

wish i knew about aero ports a little bit, would probably come in handy in my case, i like how that first pic is, my passenger can kiss the dash, not my problem, i just want to sit comfortably, and looking at that pic your seat could be kickin back no problem with just those ports back there... all good idea's, appreciate it man.

yeah i hear ya, im 6'3" and i made all my boxes (except a few) for daily driving and it can be done, just takes a lot of measuring, one option is to slant the front so you can lean your seat back but not waste the airspace, and yes port facing straight across toward driver window (not foward)

wish i knew about aero ports a little bit, would probably come in handy in my case, i like how that first pic is, my passenger can kiss the dash, not my problem, i just want to sit comfortably, and looking at that pic your seat could be kickin back no problem with just those ports back there... all good idea's, appreciate it man.

exactly, thats what i had in mind, made it to where i could lean back as much as i wanted, even with external aeroports, they are really easy to use, just takes a little learning curve on how to know what length and how many to use

I looked too see if i had old pictures but no, i don't

I have a video though?

WWW.PSPINC.COM :drink40:

My son's freind has an extended cab S10 and I helped them setup the components he already had by building a box and amp rack that would fit in his truck. Seats still go all the way back, 3rd door opens and closes nicely and we did not even use all the space available. The enclosures on each side of the amp rack were about 1.5cu' each tuned to 32Hz. Hope this helps...

img2736jl.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-06

this design would work for 4 sa 8's.