Sign in to follow this  
graydodge14

so lost need help please

So i just got my ascendant audio havocs. I went with 2 12 inch dvvc at 2 ohms each. I thought i would be able to run a amp that makes power at 2 ohms but i dont think i can im lost on what to look for.

Im not really looking for what specific brand (although that would be nice) i just dont want it to turn into a argument of whose better, but more of what things in an amp i should be looking for to properly run this amp. Such as 1 ohm stable, 2 ohm stable, etc. because im lost.

Im running a alpine cda-117 headunit if that matters.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Wire your subwoofers exactly like so, kicker 2500 would be good so you can put out 2500 WRMS so giving them great power at 2 ohms, plus kicker amps are great.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Wire your subwoofers exactly like so, kicker 2500 would be good so you can put out 2500 WRMS so giving them great power at 2 ohms, plus kicker amps are great.

K so ill connect the speakers together like the pictures shows then run only one set of speaker wire out of the box to the amp correct?

Thats correct.

Any amp that does the RMS power at 2 ohms will work fine for your application.

exactly what amp will you be using to power these?

Like i said the Kicker 2500 would probably be best, i don't know many companies that do 2500 watts at 2 ohms, besides large® amplifiers.

well i was looking at sundowns amps, i dont really know anything other than mainstream stuff but looking throught these forums i have found theres alot of brands that ive never heard of that make amazing stuff.

Sundown is great, you could run (2) Saz-1500d's strapped; BUT it would be more expensive than a single kicker 2500. Typically I'm a big pusher for Sundown Audio, but the kicker is probably your best bet.

Sundown is great, you could run (2) Saz-1500d's strapped; BUT it would be more expensive than a single kicker 2500. Typically I'm a big pusher for Sundown Audio, but the kicker is probably your best bet.

yeah im thinking that might work best to i did see where on another forum a guy had a used 1500 watt sundown for 300 dollars is it bad to buy there stuff used?

it really depends.. if it's taken care of no not really. But if it's abused more than likely, I'm not sure if Sundown's warranties are transferable, you may want to ask Jacob. Another option is to buy refurbished from dB-r.com That's where i bought my Saz-3000d no complaints really great prices and customer service.

Alright i really appreciate it ill check them out, now that i know howto wire it and what to look for in an amp i should be better able to satisfy my needs

Alright i really appreciate it ill check them out, now that i know howto wire it and what to look for in an amp i should be better able to satisfy my needs

We're always here to help. What kind of electrical do you have? Upgrades, batteries, big 3, Wire, alternator, etc?

We're always here to help. What kind of electrical do you have? Upgrades, batteries, big 3, Wire, alternator, etc?

Right now no upgrades, i have a simple system right now and im buying all the stuff to piece together a pretty nice setup.

So i definately wont be installing everything or for that matter any of my new stuff until i upgrade to a bigger batter possibly a second one in the back, a 220 alternator and do the big 3 upgrade, with that right wire all the way throughout

What kind of budget do you have?

Well i dont really have one just kinda go by if its what i want then i save up the money and buy it, i have a good paying job and im only 19 so im living at home (yes i know people will say spoiled, rich kid, or whatever) but i go to school and parents pay for food and all that. But like i said i work hard for my money usually about 50 hours a week and dont drink or party so all my money goes into my truck.

but to answer your question i would be willing to spend 500-600 on an amp

i spent 300 on headunit

and 900 on subs

Or you could try and audiopipe ap3000.1. Those are stable at 2 ohms.

That is very true.

For batteries, i would look into XS D3100, or a Deka Intemidatior 9a31. As for wire, i would go with Knukonceptz CCA 1/0 wire for big 3 + amp, fuse blocks from them, alternator from DC Power Engineering inc.

I'm 19 and live at home too, no prob ;)

Alright so ive done some searching and it looks like i may get in on the preorder for the sundown 2500-d that is coming out.

would this be good to run these two with?

the amp will only be putting out 1200 watts since you can only wire it down to 2 ohms.

For a competition set up, .5Ohms is not a problem, but running .5 everyday could kill the amp off fairly quickly. Could you wire it down to 1Ohm instead and just not have 100% power?

For a competition set up, .5Ohms is not a problem, but running .5 everyday could kill the amp off fairly quickly. Could you wire it down to 1Ohm instead and just not have 100% power?

i dont think so, if iwould have gotten the dual 1 ohms then i could have ran it at 1 ohm but its either .5 ohm, 2 ohm or 8 ohm im pretty sure

Just make sure you have the electrical to support running the amp at 0.5 ohms and you will be fine, if you dont then say goodbye to the amp but its possible and Sundowns can be ran at 0.5ohms (fyi if you do go that route).

yeah im thinkin for the first few weeks or so ill just run it at 2 ohms that way i dont void the warranty right away and then after that im gonna run it at .5 ohm but ill def wait until i have all my electrical stout.

As long as yall say sundowns can be ran at .5 ohm then i trust yall ha

How bout a pair of SAZ-1000 amps from sundown? Check here:http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/saz-1000d.html

They do 1000@1ohm ea. and 1800@2ohm strapped. Just a suggestion...