finebar4

Todays job...5 days later

Started out innocently enough, quick trip to home depot...

post-683-1126222944_thumb.jpg

Stripped down the back wall

post-683-1126222994_thumb.jpg

The beginnings of my box

post-683-1126223060_thumb.jpg

Makin progress

post-683-1126223110_thumb.jpg

post-683-1126223163_thumb.jpg

With its face on

post-683-1126223245_thumb.jpg

post-683-1126223293_thumb.jpg

Next came the doors

post-683-1126223348_thumb.jpg

Had to throw these two in

post-683-1126223399_thumb.jpg

post-683-1126223460_thumb.jpg

poof like magic

post-683-1126223526_thumb.jpg

from this

post-683-1126223597_thumb.jpg

Then came the problems....the Soundstream was bad out of the box, but of course I started at the speakers and worked backwards :rockwoot: I pretty sure it was a transistor that tweaked out, as it took out one the scanspeaks with it :gift: . So this is whhat it looks like this afternoon.....

post-683-1126223800_thumb.jpg

post-683-1126223856_thumb.jpg

post-683-1126223913_thumb.jpg

The Rockford is poundin the rl-p and with the ported enclosure... :blink::blink::blink:

The audison is driving the seas....lord ya just gotta hear it :wub::wub::wub:

and the adcom is first generation class a driving a set of rainbow soft domes till the scanspeak gets repaired. I set the gains and let her rip and :faintthud::faintthud::faintthud:

Big special thanks to aneonrider (scott) and mrray (kent) for being so helpfull with my port issues :Doh::Doh:

I have a 10 hour drive Monday, so I will be tweakin like crazy I'm sure, but where it is at right now is :ohsnap::woot::slayer::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh::runlaugh:

Looks good. I bet it pounds nicely.

Whats that soundstream thing in the center, a distro block ?

It's a power distro, the spider lights up a wicked blue when you fire it up as well as displaying voltage and amperage. After a little driving around last night, I am still torn between the ported and the sealed designs. I am stuck using a rather diminutive 1.5 net tuned to 31 via a pair of 3" ports, but I did experience a huge increase in output espesially below 40hz. I have to deaden everything yet (probably next weekend), seal up the door panels as the Lotus is a little thin and tinny ATM, and determine final mounting angles for the tweets. I HAD to get the stuff in to experience it, but there is a lot of work left to get it right. After adjusting the timing and EQ'ing a bit, I have a solid image dead center and high up in my face. The Rl-P just POUNDS with the RF attached, not that the class d Orion was a slouch by no means, I just have a thing for old school RF. I did just score a US Amps 25HC to drive the tweets with, I love the Adcom, but it is almost too much on the high end at 40 watts+ directly to the tweets. I still may wind up with ribbons, so the 12.5 watts a channel model may just be the cats meow for that application. All in all, it has been a labor of love, and worth the difference that it made.

looks good kevin..adn glad u'r liking the result!!!

and thanks for the lil plug!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

since your sound stream was bunk, you should try running the RF in its place and the Orion to the RL-p,

looks like it is a sweet install for sure

I just like the idea, of the work/effort, from scratch, put into the project. It's cool when you do this stuff yourself, then go to a random audio shop for kics and pretend to know nothing, and hear what they have to say.