kryptonitewhite

VIDEO 4 18's 50 cubic feet 20" diameter port 23Hz tune 14,000

4 Fi Audio IB3 18's, 4 Audiopipe AP30001D's, 3 Deka Intimidator knock offs from O'Reilley..AGM, Iraggi 220A alt does 200A at idle. 100ft of 0 gauge.

DB Audio made this track, 19Hz, 15Hz, 13Hz sine waves.

50 cubic feet, 20" diameter sonotube 18.5" long for a 23Hz tune. Wall is 10" thick, 5 layers of 3/4" MDF backed by a doubled up 2"x6" frame, 20 large tubes of PL PRO for the wall, 30 all together or more. 110 cans Great Stuff expanding foam. rear wall 2"x6" frame 1 layer 3/4" MDF.

Front stage 4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's off a Kicker KX850.4, 2 CSS FR125S 4.5" full rangers off a KX350.4 bridged, 2 Vifa XT25TG30 1" Ring Radiator tweets off a KX200.2

Alpine IVA-W505 touch screen DVD for Ai-NET digital control of PXA-H701 crossover.. all 30dB slopes.

Vids cool but i wouldnt put a kid in a van like. not good on the kiddos ears.

sound is top notch! The "kid" in the vid is 2 guys from out of town from the forums that came to see it LOL! He's a little guy, he's older than he looks :)

here's another vid for yall

Db wise Wat are yu lookin at?

Wat kinda vehicle is this in?

im not expecting to get any decent numbers, I know its 4 18's, walled, and gobs of power... but I'm no competator. I'll be pleased to get 140's but in all reality, I dont even know what 140's really means! 4 IB3 subs... undermotored infinite baffle drivers. 50 cubic feet is a lot. 23Hz is pretty low tuning. But it sounds amazing!

Nice vids man! I gotta make it down to check that monster out!

Sick, basswaves sound awesome as you move away in the vid! :fing34:

For some reason I thought you put the subs closer to the B pillars. How do the overhead speakers sound, can't really tell in the videos. Looks like the van is virtually dead as I didn't see anything flexing outside. I might have missed it though.

Wish I could get to hear it, but... too far away. Looks crazy though.

I like the headliner idea. Might have to steal that idea from you.

sound is top notch! The "kid" in the vid is 2 guys from out of town from the forums that came to see it LOL! He's a little guy, he's older than he looks :)

I was watching it on my phone when i posted that. he looked 8 or 9 years old. lol

where u at in this god forsaken state? I'd like to see your setup as well!

Sick, basswaves sound awesome as you move away in the vid! :fing34:

I think the camera is severely overloaded close up, but as I get 20 feet away, it can handle it and does a more accurate repro... I noticed that right away too!

heres another:

Edited by kryptonitewhite

I'm in Watertown! Straight north on I-29!

For some reason I thought you put the subs closer to the B pillars. How do the overhead speakers sound, can't really tell in the videos. Looks like the van is virtually dead as I didn't see anything flexing outside. I might have missed it though.

Ya I chose the wall location judging by the side door and a roof support...are you saying it's further back then I maybe should have done it? It's my first wall. The speakers up top are freakin AWESOME. I caught a lot of shit from a few SQ buddies of mine, but I think I can safely say I proved them wrong. It's not like a PA system in a grocierie store, in fact I think it sounds better up there...sounds like it's coming from strait ahead. There is a bit of flex, but for the output... it's well damped. Once I get it finished I may get into competing and replace the IB3's with 06' XXX 18's... if I tour, I could make it a point to detour for demos! :D Take the idea and run with it! It works great. I never understood the competative hush-hush secrecy if tips and tricks. IMHO, we should all share and help eachother out, not keep our ideas secret to win.

I'll make my way up there one of these days.. you got a shop? You an RE/USAmps dealer or have one there? I think that's in Brookings tho...

I was watching it on my phone when i posted that. he looked 8 or 9 years old. lol

I hope he doesnt check this forum lol... hes a really cool kid, he made a few cracks himself about being too small to hit his head on the roof... cuz his buddy is tall and I had to warn him lol

Ya I chose the wall location judging by the side door and a roof support...are you saying it's further back then I maybe should have done it? It's my first wall. The speakers up top are freakin AWESOME. I caught a lot of shit from a few SQ buddies of mine, but I think I can safely say I proved them wrong. It's not like a PA system in a grocierie store, in fact I think it sounds better up there...sounds like it's coming from strait ahead. There is a bit of flex, but for the output... it's well damped. Once I get it finished I may get into competing and replace the IB3's with 06' XXX 18's... if I tour, I could make it a point to detour for demos! biggrin.gif Take the idea and run with it! It works great. I never understood the competative hush-hush secrecy if tips and tricks. IMHO, we should all share and help eachother out, not keep our ideas secret to win.

I'll make my way up there one of these days.. you got a shop? You an RE/USAmps dealer or have one there? I think that's in Brookings tho...

No shop but I am friends with the guys at the two local shops.

I rep Sundown Audio. Watertown has RF/Alpine at Team Electronics and Synergy Audio has Sundown/DD/Memphis/Focal

No shop but I am friends with the guys at the two local shops.

I rep Sundown Audio. Watertown has RF/Alpine at Team Electronics and Synergy Audio has Sundown/DD/Memphis/Focal

I wanted SAZ-4500D's so so bad, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and another:

I am a firm believer in overpowering drivers. I think more drivers are killed from clipping and distortion than from overpowering cleanly. Obviousely, as I am running IB3 18's off 3000 watt amps, though obviousely I'm not giving them 3000 watts. I've been repeatedly told that both the Maelstrom-X 18 and the 06' XXX 18 will take 3000 RMS all day long. So most people would think my 4 AP30001Ds would still be over kill when I upgrade to either driver.

However I don't want to push the AP30001Ds hard, I would really like to get 2 more HO alts from Iraggi, 4 more AP30001Ds, and 2 more AGM batteries. However, I don't think my van could handle it. She doesn't flex a whole lot on the outside, but I can see and hear so much stress already from the IB3's. IDK if I could squeeze all that into her, and, thats a lot more $$$ were talking.

So if I went crazy and got 06' XXX's... should I just get dual 4 ohm and run each one off of an AP30001D? Or should I try to get 4 more and run 1 AP per 2 ohm coil?

I need to check the front AC door flaps? How do I do that?!

tranny is OK, had it flushed. No broken mounts, but the bushings are getting worn, rear leaf springs getting saggy, need re-arched, he said I'm ok for a while..nothing imminent.

But.. my AC compressor and blower:

I was told to disconnect my compressor when I got the van, but I shouldnt have. Now the berring/clutch is rusted and complaining. Dude said just let it go. When it goes it goes. I bought a recharge kit with oil, didn't help. It's full charged..but not cold in front, not blowing in front, but rear is freezing and blows like a tornado. So I need to check the doors/flaps under the dash?