Sign in to follow this  
dennisp

CDT centerstage

not everyone can fit horns though. meh, not like i should care for my passenger's soundstage anyways :P

its actually a nice little thing if you have a hard time getting a solid left and right. i will be doing something like that as well. It does raise the sound stage up but instead of pointing them them more at the windhshield i pointed more directional and it sounded nice. Needed to work on the gains on the amp and all but for the most part it does a nice left and right. I would suggest for a 5.1 setup or SUVs, sedans may get a little crowded but then i would mount a set of tweets in the doors and the middle of the dash not both up on the dash or A pillar.

Once again; another pointless accessory from CDT.

Install and tune your speakers correctly in the first place and you won't need to waste your time/money with those stupid little things.

I'm waiting for the day CDT starts selling windshields with speakers built in to them.

God I really dislike CDT......

LOL, i like CDT for general installs if you get it from don or whatever, they're good for people that are new to car audio IMO. (Shut up squeaker, I'm aware I'm a noob and I know nussing ;):P ) But as I learn more and more I will have to agree that alot of the stuff they release is not needed.

oh, i agree that alot of stuff is not needed. I'm not a big fan of them, but in having guy's like Don around (it's similar with Shane and Orion) the stuff is decent for the prices that we pay.

But, saying that

Install and tune your speakers correctly in the first place and you won't need to waste your time/money with those stupid little things.

Is like saying that You don't need an 18" driver and 12kw to win dBDrag when You could use a 10" driver and put up high 170's.

NO chit. Munson did it.

But is the average noob automatically assumed to have that much knowledge? I think not.

CDT is a good starting point based on performance for the prices that we pay. Just like ALL companies, they put out chit that isn't needed. The problem, IMO, is that no one educates the noobs regarding the usefullness.

I'm bored now....

[/soapbox]

But, saying that

Is like saying that You don't need an 18" driver and 12kw to win dBDrag when You could use a 10" driver and put up high 170's.

NO chit. Munson did it.

But is the average noob automatically assumed to have that much knowledge? I think not.

Do they have that knowledge right out of the gate? No. But selling them, and making them dependent upon, band-aids for poor/improper installs is certainly not going to help the acquire that knowledge in any way, shape or form. All it does is give CDT another money-maker accessory to sell to people who don't have adequate installation knowledge.

It would be more beneficial if they actually gave out information on how to properly install/setup a pair of components so that these n00bs could learn the ins & outs rather than having this company try to sell them 10 other accessories to go along with the comp set itself, and making them believe that it's the only way they'll ever get good sound in a car.

:soapbox:

Off to lunch I go...... :sniff:

yea... cause any company would rather do that. go ahead pucker, name me one. :)

Sheilded twisted pair Patch cables arent necessary either....

:D

Well.....I don't know any other company that tells you that you need to have 4 tweeters on your dash, in addition to the component set, for a good soundstage. Plus they charge you extra for the "proper" crossover :P

:P You...

that's not what I asked.

I think everyone know's that I'm not a fan of CDT. But I'll use them if the install calls for it.

Do i buy the center, front, rear, exterior stage extras? Hellll no.

Kiss & Make out?

CDT does have some unnecessary stuff but for people who don't have the ability to install stuff right then it works. I like the IEK setup especially if you drive with your windows down cause half the time the sound get sucked out the window. The crossover thing is kinda weird but who knows. All their crossovers are better than most so i don't complain. You guys should go to England and see some of their stuff. Its pretty common to see guys with 4 tweets up front. Hell, my friend went to cruise and saw a guy with 2 6.5 components, and 3 4in components and tweets for each set in the doors of his Megane. Unnecessary maybe, insanely loud, heck yeah.

:P You...

that's not what I asked.

I think everyone know's that I'm not a fan of CDT. But I'll use them if the install calls for it.

Do i buy the center, front, rear, exterior stage extras? Hellll no.

Kiss & Make out?

Honestly, CDT makes decent equipment. The HDs however are excellent drivers. I have yet to hear and speakers that I like better. I am still working on my review of the Boston Pro 6.5s. So far the CDTs have surpassed the BAs, BUT do feel that something is wrong with the boston set I have. They seem to have a ton of distortion and very little midbass. I wish I could figure out what it is.

Anyways, I think that the kit is a gimic. But the HDs are not, very respectable set of comps.

Kiss & Make out?

You had me at hello, you had me at hello

:wub:

They seem to have a ton of distortion and very little midbass.  I wish I could figure out what it is.

yeah....something is definitely not right there. Should be exactly the opposite :P Good midbass and low distortion.

so we agree? CDT is no better or worse then any other company with regards to it's "marke-neering"?

But in the end, You hate them and I'll tolerate them?

So, um, back to the original poster's question... :)

so we agree? CDT is no better or worse then any other company with regards to it's "marke-neering"?

Do I agree nobody's a perfect angel? Yes.

Do I think CDT is the worst manfacturer at doing it? Yes.

Everybody twists things a little, they take it completely over the edge to the point of foolishness/pure greed.

IMHO they are the Monster Cable of speakers, if you know what I mean :P

But in the end, You hate them and I'll tolerate them?

Pretty much.