Sir-Lancelot

Got metered for the first time today.

So I drove to Sumter today and met up with Master Yoda for the test and tune. This was my first try on any meter and I really had no idea what to expect. I was kinda worried I might get over there and embarrass myself being a virgin and all.

Here are the results

148.55 @ 36hz sealed legal

146.10 @ 40hz Average on music

148.67 @ 36hz Peak music

I am always pretty conservative with my gains and noticed zero clipping on the TL meter and also got some suggestions to help improve on this. Yoda is putting this on again in 2 weeks and I am curious to see what I can do with a little tweaking and maybe a little turn of the gain.

Not too bad for a first time rookie running SQ subs in low tuned box I don't think. Now I want to try again and see if I can touch that 150 mark.

thats a great score :fing34: Hope to see you break that 150mark. Post what you do in the mean time (2weeks) and your minor adjustments for gaining some deebeezz :P

I've read moving your driver and/or passenger seat forward/back and tilted can make a difference

Thanks man.

Well first thing I will do is turn up the gains a little bit before I run. :drink40: I take good care of my stuff so like I said all my settings are to get loud, but not necessarily to squeeze every last little bit out of it. I think for a couple of runs, a little more juice wont hurt. :drink40

My enclosure is pretty much right up against my rear hatch. (GMC Yukon XL) The rear hatch tapers top to bottom. It is wider at the bottom and has 5-6"s or so between the hatch and the port, but up by the rear glass it only has 2-3"s, so next time I will flip the 3rd row forward and push the box away from the hatch to see if that will help. I was told it is sorta acting like a small port being that close. I also got a couple bigger batteries to install and I hope that will help me keep the voltage up a little bit.

thats a great score for your box tuning, it probably fell's more like a 152 when you listening to some low tuned music. Wish I could sit in this one. Great work for your first score :)

:)

Funny how we can be happy with our sound, then we meter and want more. Great score, I think you will get that 150! :fing34:

hmmm i may have to ride up to sumter and check this out next time-hopefully i can finish my build soon

Thanks guys!

@ Mark, you are correct it is a great ground pounding set up and will kill the lows. It is loud to the ear, which is what I built it for. I dont go get metered every day, so being loud on a meter was not my main goal and prolly never will be.

@ Sefugi, truth. I am not going to sweat it. I have a little plan in progress that will make 150 seem like a distant memory. It could get me divorced too. lol

@klee, get busy, finish that system and come on down.