M82a1snake

2 BTL 18s HELPPPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ok i have 2 fi btl 18's, 2 cresendo 3kwp, 2 xs power 3100's, iraggi amputator 300a, big three. i jus have NEVER heard of anyone putting an 18" btl in a 9.5NET or bigger cu. ft. box per sub everrr!! and i dont really know what optimal its gunna be daily driver, i want as much SPL AS I CAN GET AT LOWER FREQUENCIES such as, i wanted to tune port at 32hz. HOW MUCH PORT AREA PER CU. FT.? i kno im a noob i

on this forum but i know wat im doin everything except box specs. i was thinking up fire subs bo dimensions, 45"width x 41" depth x 24" height INTERNTAL DIMENSIONS ARE 42"width 38"depth 21"height, btw i was going to use two layers of 3/4" mdf all way around so total of 1.5" mdf basically. and doin port at bottom horizontally firing towards hatch i was thinkin port 42"port width x 6.5" port height x twenty something port length to get me down to 32hz and i think thats around 300 cubic inches of port area. and i really need help because ive NEVER HEARD OF PEOPLE USING THESE subs daily in a hugeeee box like this with a huge port. because i see steve meade rocks 4 of em in only 20ish cu. ft.... so i need help thanks a lott in advanceee!!

Got any pics of this equipment?

your a picture whore arent you? lol

also im going for a daily driver wall build and its going to be 14-15cubic ft,. with 2 btl 18's 3000rms a sub. if thats helpful to you at all.

My old system was 2 15in's running 2500rms and it slammed in 8.5 cubic ft at 32hz

So, Pics?

honestly no pics because i spend all the money on the equipment,so no cameraat least not yet. sorry to disapoint.. but im only a noob at designing ported enclosures. all the other stuff ive been doing for 5 yrs. i jus always bought custom boxs. but does any know if the btls will sound different if in 10cu. ft. a sub net? its just everyones got other priorites with building a ported box for em, and everyone usually asks whats the smallest you can go, or they try to fit a freakin 18 btl in there trunk.. ive just always seen everyonw put em in 7.5 net a net to 8 cu. ft. net a sub...

Why do you need 10 cubes net each?

well i dont really need 10 cu. net each sub. but im ask wat should i shoot for net cubic footage a sub? and im asking wat would the effects be of putting them in around 10 cu. ft. net a sub compared to like 7 cu. ft. a sub???

Borrow a camera or take some with a phone.

Sir-Lancelot: [u]The unbeliever lol

well i dont really need 10 cu. net each sub. but im ask wat should i shoot for net cubic footage a sub? and im asking wat would the effects be of putting them in around 10 cu. ft. net a sub compared to like 7 cu. ft. a sub???

Take a look at Fi website. follow recommened specs.

20 cubes+7000wrms + newbie= blown subs

bigger box = lower power handling, more cooling capability, more risk of the sub bottoming out ( goes with the varying power handling)

just go with what fi recommends on their site

Take a look at Fi website. follow recommened specs.

20 cubes+7000wrms + newbie= blown subs

:werd_msword: exactly. i say lean towards the smaller end of boxes. they are rated at 2k for a reason. just because someone on youtube says they put 5k to one of them doesnt mean your setup can keep the sub alive with 5k. :peepwall:

VIC has pretty much that same set up. daily...

and if you have never seen people run that set up then you have never seen youtube,

heres vic.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VIKES93

ya i offten spend thosends of dollors on car audio before i have a decent cell phone.

Very true. Vic knows a little something about audio and still keeps blowin em. just saying.TOO much newb, box volume, and power. not to mention port.

Just not a good idea for the OP to run this set up. Bottom line!

Your right about 300 square inches of port, but go smaller than 10 cubes each. I'd go with 7 each, and you'll be very loud :)

Borrow a camera and take some pics....

ok well thanks for all the pointers and dnt rlly appreciate the down talk.. and just because i dont know everything about ported enclosures doesnt mean I AM A noob... btw 10 cu. ft. a sub is on fi's website recommended ha. but so i should build it bout 7.5 or 8 cu ft a a sub net sence ill be putting 3000wats rms to each? and say i do that what would u guys reccomend for port in square inches?? i guess i could go 260ish" squared for port area since (8^2)x16 is like 256, and i dont wanna hear port noise due to port velocity just because port is too small or something ya kno? and why is everyone so picture crazed? its not a big deal its just pictures and when everythings done or at least close ill use my hard earned money to go out and buy a camera/video phone since everyone lives for pictures nowadays haha. just an fyi im not just some faggot that goes on this forum and asks questions and got "inspired" by steve , i mean steve is bad ass, but fuck i did my research on it and fi btl was basically the most for the money same with the amps, batterys will cost regardless and same with alternator unless i got the alt respun by an alternator speicalist.

ok well thanks for all the pointers and dnt rlly appreciate the down talk.. and just because i dont know everything about ported enclosures doesnt mean I AM A noob... btw 10 cu. ft. a sub is on fi's website recommended ha. but so i should build it bout 7.5 or 8 cu ft a a sub net sence ill be putting 3000wats rms to each? and say i do that what would u guys reccomend for port in square inches?? i guess i could go 260ish" squared for port area since (8^2)x16 is like 256, and i dont wanna hear port noise due to port velocity just because port is too small or something ya kno? and why is everyone so picture crazed? its not a big deal its just pictures and when everythings done or at least close ill use my hard earned money to go out and buy a camera/video phone since everyone lives for pictures nowadays haha. just an fyi im not just some faggot that goes on this forum and asks questions and got "inspired" by steve , i mean steve is bad ass, but fuck i did my research on it and fi btl was basically the most for the money same with the amps, batterys will cost regardless and same with alternator unless i got the alt respun by an alternator speicalist.

Don't do that.