Maddenkid2011

Bl 10" Basket question

I just got my BL in the mail from Joseh K. and USPS has fucked my basket UPPPP

Could this be fixed my some very careful welding? I mean what else is there to do with it.....

102_2481.jpg

102_2482.jpg

Also, how would i go about testing this to see if the internals are ohk too?

Would it be fine to just screw in or is it too bad...i think its too bad but whatever.

I would wait untill you file a claim with USPS. Was it insured?

It was insured but im not sure how much he insured it for...

Im thinking that if i just put it in the boxx it'll be ohk. the crack only covers two of the screw holes so that leaves me with 6 and only 2-3 of the 12 spokes are detached so i might be good but idkkkkk

Edited by Maddenkid2011

Noooo

Unless you can weld it perfectly you will have bad coil rub. I'd rebasket it.

damn, i was sooo close to pickin that sub up (if its the same one that was for sale here) glad i dodged that bullet. Sorry about the sub man.. sucks big time.

dude you'll melt the surround off of it..welding = heat.

It's trashed, needs a complete rebuild...and there is absolutely no way that thing was shipped in the wooden crate with the foam that it came with either...unless they drove the truck over top of the sub lol.

damn, i was sooo close to pickin that sub up (if its the same one that was for sale here) glad i dodged that bullet. Sorry about the sub man.. sucks big time.

There was nothing wrong with the sub before it was shipped.

Most likey, if you were to buy it, itd be at your house in one piece looking perfect. I guess im just not that lucky.

It's trashed, needs a complete rebuild...and there is absolutely no way that thing was shipped in the wooden crate with the foam that it came with either...unless they drove the truck over top of the sub lol.

So ik i need a new basket (obviously) but do i need a recone too?

There was nothing wrong with the sub before it was shipped.

Most likey, if you were to buy it, itd be at your house in one piece looking perfect. I guess im just not that lucky.

So ik i need a new basket (obviously) but do i need a recone too?

Yes. have to.

Yes, you need a recone also.

Sell the motor and get some of your money back. or try to recone/basket it yourself.

Did you ever file a claim?

filing a claim at usps is BS did it 5 times came back with 0 things acomplished and a waste of my time- 3 where i shipped a book out in a box and all the came back was the box wtf

other 1 where i recieved a package that had a big ass foot print on it again nothing solved

last one i received and envlope that had nothing in it - atleast the person i bought from this time had great service and sent it out for me again

f the usps

Me and Joseph K. are still trying to figure out what to do....

Were not really sure what were gonna do as of right now but yes one of us is gonna file a claim.

Im probably jus gonna get my money back and say fuck it and buy a new one instead

A rebasket and recone really isn't hard if you study, there are MANY tutorials about it online.

A rebasket and recone really isn't hard if you study, there are MANY tutorials about it online.

But thats still another $120 for the basket and cone and for the amount ive already paid i cud jus buy a new BL

Ha that sucks it just happen to me but with my 15 btl man i felt like they rip me off (usps)i will rebasket and recone mine, for 170 i believe.. But i paid $50 for it was blown from one side..so i think is a good deal..

What would you want for it in it's current condition?