I am goin to get a 15" fi btl.

Amps i am looking at:

Audioque 2200D

or

Sundown SAZ 1000D

If you think there is a better option let me know, my price range probably ends at around 500 depends tho.

Thanks

Sam

There are plenty of amps out there, use the search feature because this same topic comes up every single week. Look for an amp that does 2000 watts rms at 1 ohm and you will be fine, make sure you have a good electrical.

How about a saz2500 they are on pre sale for 525 shipped but do it soon as. Pre sale ends July 4 th

There are plenty of amps out there, use the search feature because this same topic comes up every single week. Look for an amp that does 2000 watts rms at 1 ohm and you will be fine, make sure you have a good electrical.

How do i check if my electrical is okay? i assume il need another battery

How about a saz2500 they are on pre sale for 525 shipped but do it soon as. Pre sale ends July 4 th

il take a look into it right now

O man. If you don't know if your system is okay, you may want to get a 1000 watt amp. Do more research and reading.

O man. If you don't know if your system is okay, you may want to get a 1000 watt amp. Do more research and reading.

Why a 1000 wat? i was looking into my car, and my guess is i will need a extra battery most likely.

In case you were wondering im putting this system into a Toyota 4Runner, i cant remember the year, i think its a 05 or 6, and it already has 1 pioneer sub in each door which i think are 8" and my headunit is a pioneer

Why a 1000 wat? i was looking into my car, and my guess is i will need a extra battery most likely.

In case you were wondering im putting this system into a Toyota 4Runner, i cant remember the year, i think its a 05 or 6, and it already has 1 pioneer sub in each door which i think are 8" and my headunit is a pioneer

Because your stock electrical system should be able to handle that, whereas a 2200 watt amp will fry in 1 day.

Because your stock electrical system should be able to handle that, whereas a 2200 watt amp will fry in 1 day.

Do you think i should get another battery so that doesnt happend? or do something like the big 3 in 0ga? would it help?

Wouldnt i need like a HO Alt or/and a new battery to power this amp?

What are your current alternator and battery specifications?

What are your current alternator and battery specifications?

how do i figure it out?

Open your hood and go look.. is it stock? My guess is yes.

Before spending all this money maybe you should take a step back and get a cheaper system to play around with first..

You learn a lot once you've been through the troubles of one system.

On a 4runner, I think you can run a 1500 watts amp like a Sundown saz, easily !

The saz 2000 would be a nice match for this sub.

Like we told you several times, get a voltmeter to watch your voltage when you're playing music!

1) Do the big3 in 0 ga first.

2)Then install your amp (1500 to 2000 watts rms, the pre sale on the sundown 2500 is a" hellova" deal !!!), and the volt meter.

3) Check your voltage with engine off(should be around 12.5 v). Then engine on at iddle (around 14 - 14.4 v). Then, when you're at "full" volume(with the right gain setting though).

5) If you see voltage under 13 v, you must do some upgrades somewhere in your electrical system : HO alt, batts,...?

Come back here with all the voltage informations, and they will told you what you can do.

Hope that helps.

Open your hood and go look.. is it stock? My guess is yes.

Before spending all this money maybe you should take a step back and get a cheaper system to play around with first..

You learn a lot once you've been through the troubles of one system.

yea its stock il take a look later

Like we told you several times, get a voltmeter to watch your voltage when you're playing music!

2)Then install your amp (1500 to 2000 watts rms, the pre sale on the sundown 2500 is a" hellova" deal !!!), and the volt meter.

3) Check your voltage with engine off(should be around 12.5 v). Then engine on at iddle (around 14 - 14.4 v). Then, when you're at "full" volume(with the right gain setting though).

5) If you see voltage under 13 v, you must do some upgrades somewhere in your electrical system : HO alt, batts,...?

Come back here with all the voltage informations, and they will told you what you can do.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a ton man youve helped alot when i get my build up il give you a shout out haha, but thans alot, i have a bad feelin il need a second battery but idk i hope not

Hope that helps.

Right. I'd suggest getting the amp you want now. You can always dial down a 2000 watt amp to put out 1000 watts if that's all that your electrical system can handle, and that's easily gauged by monitoring the voltage as notorious pointed out. I think if you go into the situation realizing that if you turn up the volume and allow your voltage to sag too far that you can easily blow the amp, you'll be more careful going into it :). It can easily be done safely, however.

Hope that helps.

My current battery is 12.8 fully charged and half charged is 12.5, i could also buy like a kinetic or xs for a second battery for more power

Hope that helps.

Right. I'd suggest getting the amp you want now. You can always dial down a 2000 watt amp to put out 1000 watts if that's all that your electrical system can handle, and that's easily gauged by monitoring the voltage as notorious pointed out. I think if you go into the situation realizing that if you turn up the volume and allow your voltage to sag too far that you can easily blow the amp, you'll be more careful going into it :). It can easily be done safely, however.

And also the speakers. :peepwall:

Edited by kirill007