metsfan89

thinking of adding another xcon 12 :)

im thinking about adding another xcon 12 and another ed nine.1 im just worried about space :( if i did it i would want to go ported but i dont know how it would fit seeing as how my 1 12inch xcon takes up a good amount of space in its ported box. maybe seal them up? i just dont want to lose output. what do you guys think of 2 xcons sealed up on 2 ed nine.1's? if i do this they will be going in an 07 ford fusion not in the 02 chevy malibu i have my xcon in now. Thanks guys in advance :) p.s the xcon is by far the best sounding sub i have ever owned. its starting to break in and get lowder and clearer haha adding another is going to be insane hehehe :drink40:

im thinking about adding another xcon 12 and another ed nine.1 im just worried about space :( if i did it i would want to go ported but i dont know how it would fit seeing as how my 1 12inch xcon takes up a good amount of space in its ported box. maybe seal them up? i just dont want to lose output. what do you guys think of 2 xcons sealed up on 2 ed nine.1's? if i do this they will be going in an 07 ford fusion not in the 02 chevy malibu i have my xcon in now. Thanks guys in advance :) p.s the xcon is by far the best sounding sub i have ever owned. its starting to break in and get lowder and clearer haha adding another is going to be insane hehehe :drink40:

quite a few people are running them sealed, and they have plenty of output. You cannot go wrong.

I've seen nothing but positive reviews of people running them sealed. give us max. dimensions you have to work with and someone can tell you what kind of box you are looking at ported. you never know, you could have the room. :fing34: but from the reviews I've read i wouldn't be scared to seal them up.

DO IT!!

alright sounds good i think im going to do it then. denim or mark pm me the price shipped on an xcon 12 to 08873. ill get some dimension later. also what would be more efficient getting one big amp or doing two ed nine.1's? also can some one give me some advice on ho i would go about adding a second battery in my trunk. im trying to stay away from changing my alternator. (stock 140 amps) would one big battery in the back and the big 3 suffice? if not then im going to have to stick with one xcon lol

To get exact price, add it to your shopping cart on the SSA Store, as it calculates the shipping.

Also what would be more efficient getting one big amp or doing two ED nine.1's? also can some one give me some advice on how I would go about adding a second battery in my trunk. I'm trying to stay away from changing my alternator (stock 140 amps). Would one big battery in the back and the big 3 suffice? if not then im going to have to stick with one XCON lol.

Well if it were me I would go with the new SAZ-2500D on the pair of XCONS! tongue.gif

Go with the amp(s) that fit within your budget.

You should be ok with stock alt, big 3 and extra battery.

1 run of positive and negative 1/0 to the back for the extra battery. Back battery to the amps.

Also what would be more efficient getting one big amp or doing two ED nine.1's? also can some one give me some advice on how I would go about adding a second battery in my trunk. I'm trying to stay away from changing my alternator (stock 140 amps). Would one big battery in the back and the big 3 suffice? if not then im going to have to stick with one XCON lol.

Well if it were me I would go with the new SAZ-2500D on the pair of XCONS! tongue.gif

Go with the amp(s) that fit within your budget.

You should be ok with stock alt, big 3 and extra battery.

1 run of positive and negative 1/0 to the back for the extra battery. Back battery to the amps.

Go bigger, try to find a 3000 watts amp !!!

Joking !

the 2500 on 2 Xcons 12" : that would be a wonderful setup.

With 2 ed amps, it's easier if you want to sell something later. Can they be strapped ? So you have only one amp to set.

the xcons do well in sealed boxes and smallish ported boxes too.

Strap your nine.1's.

yea the nine.1's can be strapped and it would be easier to do that seeing as how i already have one. just have to figure out how. and by using a run of 1/0 awg to the the battery do you mean from the battery up front or from the alternator? and after i run the wire to the bac should i put positive wire to the amp and negative to ground?