KickinAudio

Maxxsonics Acquires MB Quart

well, at least MBQ didn't just go away when RF decided to drop them.

going to be interesting to see what the "crosspollination" of products leads too...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Maxxsonics has big plans with Mb Quart, and their new line of speakers for all brands.

I thought there was a legal dispute between the original Quart and RF pertaining to the rights to the name?

Maxxsonics has big plans with Mb Quart, and their new line of speakers for all brands.

Well, if they do with MB Q what they did with the Hifonics and Autotek names.....I think we can kiss MB Q goodbye as far as quality mid-line priced products go.....

Well, if they do with MB Q what they did with the Hifonics and Autotek names.....I think we can kiss MB Q goodbye as far as quality mid-line priced products go.....

:+1:

"the engineers at MBQ will design all of our speakers from Crunch, Autotek to Hifonics.

The 3 will be manufactured in Asia so the price will be good but MBQ will be designed and manufactured in Germany."

but whatever, I'm not going to argue, hate all you want. I know what plans they have for the coming years and product changes. You'll see.

I think the quality is still there. I wouldn't compare them to the products of old as far as durability goes, but they're all a great value.

The only thing Hifonics makes that's worth two chits in a bucket is the Gen XX series. They took a good name and turned it into a majorly sub-par brand. Autotek also is, for the most part, not comparable to the Autotek of old.

If they do the same with MBQ.....well......

MBQ may be designing the speakers, but they'll still have the parent company, Maxxsonics, telling them what to make and how to make it. And thus far I think it's pretty apparent that high quality isn't the first thing on Maxxsonic's mind.

Yes, I'm a pessimist.

Im curious to see what the prices/looks/peformance outcome of this "swap" will bring

I am very curious as to what happens,

it makes me wonder at what point with the sale and resale of a company by larger companies is the value of the sale just for the name or the quality of products?

how many times has lamborghini been bought and sold?

Dunno, but they still offer a super sweet car.

They were always bought by someone who has pretty much left them alone. Hopefully for the MB named products that will hold true.

lambourghini is far from left alone.... gallardo looks no different than an audi on the interior... there's a lambo office next to my work and a couple guys always come in and i talk cars with them and they'll attest to the heavy influence...but it's not a bad thing, and in the end they're still italian

but that really sucks that maxxsonics bought MBQ...i was ok with RF sorta but now i've lost all hope for MBQ...very sad