ssh

my roof, it moves up and down, and I don't know why

Aren't SPL tiles from SS better for the application then damplifier, because it's much stonger.

I suggest the OP doin' some sort of clean bracing, because frankly.. any sound deadener will look like shit.

My roof has no headliner, nothing to hide the cld tiles, although it flexes, it makes no sound annoyance. But I agree covering it with cld tiles and damplifier would probably give it some rigidity but I'm not sure how well they would stick to plastic.

My roof has no headliner, nothing to hide the cld tiles, although it flexes, it makes no sound annoyance. But I agree covering it with cld tiles and damplifier would probably give it some rigidity but I'm not sure how well they would stick to plastic.

Unfortunately dampener will give it very minimal rigidity. And doing way too many layers = throwing money out the window :(

Unfortunately dampener will give it very minimal rigidity. And doing way too many layers = throwing money out the window :(

If you are talking about to stop flex, disagree very strongly.

People add multiple layers to stop flex, so their panels don't flex and tear.

Put 4 CLD tiles on a roof of a 80's ext cab pick up, then add 2 15's with 8k for daily and then watch as your roof gets destroyed.

Put 4 CLD tiles on a roof of a 80's ext cab pick up, then add 2 15's with 8k for daily and then watch as your roof gets destroyed.

I think ingenious options to control flex can be found.

Over here in Europe we have a material which most people use for the strength, no constraining layer and it's very rigid.

8k "daily", no thanks, going deaf is not on my wish list :P

Aren't SPL tiles from SS better for the application then damplifier, because it's much stonger.

Explain SPL tiles???

Edited by Shogen

Explain SPL tiles???

Just thicker than normal tiles.

No use in SPL in fact, that was something Anthony thought of.

Over here in Europe we have a material which most people use for the strength, no constraining layer and it's very rigid.

Whaaaatt? I can't hear you lol ;)

What do you guys use over there?

If you're looking for a cheap easy solution to stop some of the roof flex, brace it.

You already have a roll cage that spans the width of your jeep, use it.

I don't know how often you remove the roof.

If it's not often, cut some wood, wrap it in some material that looks like the roll bar padding and hose clamp it to the roll bar with some hose clamps or whatever you can find that you think would work well.

If you force the roof up 1/4" or so in the middle (over a 12" span/width) it shouldn't damage the roof, but it may stop some of the flexing.

Edited by cobra93

Whaaaatt? I can't hear you lol ;)

What do you guys use over there?

Vibraflex is popular. I'm still weighing that option since the roof will be a one-time-only job, if I put it on and lose 1dB I'm out of the game :(

Explain SPL tiles???

Just thicker than normal tiles.

No use in SPL in fact, that was something Anthony thought of.

Those tiles were really stiff, waay much stiffer then damplifier pro.