bcst86

which 15" for Tundra

where in texas are you.. i may sell one of my nightshades... NOT an SQ sub by any means but loud as the day is long.

where in texas are you.. i may sell one of my nightshades... NOT an SQ sub by any means but loud as the day is long.

im down in college station. but i spend time in the dallas area also

well im in san marcos.. not far from austin...

so if your intrested in a nightshade think about it and let me know.. its D1 and loves a small box.

With your budget you can take a look at the SSA Xcon.:fing34:

A 1000 watts amp will be enough to make the Xcon shine, but it will love to have more : like with an sax 1200 or an saz 1500 (from Sundown).

The BL is a good choice too. But I'm biaised to the xcon : I do love mine in a 3 ft3 sealed box, in a ported box it is an insane sub!!!

Choose your sub first and then, find an amp.

Icon - flat, loud, and accurate

Q - see above

BL - loud and peaky in the sweet spot, may be more your style.

yeah id definetly would go with a bl, i currently own a FI Q 15 1500 WRMS AND ITS LOUD BUT NOT LOUD ENOUGH. i mean my car vibrates and it makes my hair vibrate a lil, but when i put some young jeezy or something with some good high peak bass on it. You can hear the subs tapping the voice coil wires, so i turn them down. They are definetly great for SQ but if you want loud bass that will flex your carthe Q'S are not that good. but if you want loud with car flex that will make you feel the bass punch you in the chest go with the bl. just get some good front speakers and you will be good.

Q - see above

yeah id definetly would go with a bl, i currently own a FI Q 15 1500 WRMS AND ITS LOUD BUT NOT LOUD ENOUGH. i mean my car vibrates and it makes my hair vibrate a lil, but when i put some young jeezy or something with some good high peak bass on it. You can hear the subs tapping the voice coil wires, so i turn them down. They are definetly great for SQ but if you want loud bass that will flex your carthe Q'S are not that good. but if you want loud with car flex that will make you feel the bass punch you in the chest go with the bl. just get some good front speakers and you will be good.

nice info. hmmm. how much power would a blt need

Q - see above

Wow. No.

Q - see above

Wow. No.

why do you say no?

Q - see above

Wow. No.

i bet you he is going to say its all about he box and the amp set up.. i say i have my sub in a 2.6cuft box per sub sealed so about 5.4cuft for both. and my amplier tuned to what the pros here told me to do it. and thats the sound i get so if he wants to argue he can argue with the pro guys from ssa..

why do you say no?

Edited by BASSnoob

i decided on the 15" Fi BL dual 2 ohm with the cooling option. Should i get the flatwind option added on too?

i decided on the 15" Fi BL dual 2 ohm with the cooling option. Should i get the flatwind option added on too?

Might as well go fully loaded. :)

I guess so. just wasnt sure if it the flatwind was necessary for daily use or not

I guess so. just wasnt sure if it the flatwind was necessary for daily use or not

I have flat wound coils on my woofers. I don't see a reason not to lol

I agree with the bl's! they will sound just right!