People on forums often think "mainstream" as not so good ! As it's been said, mainstream companies make good and reliable products. They might be too expensive though !:orly3:

Mainstream for you may not be so mainstream for people outside the USA. MTX, JL, Rockford, Kicker,... We're not really used to these brands in my country!!

To the OP : remember that L7 15" are rated for 1000 w rms in sealed enclosures and 750 w rms "only" for ported ones.

Your MTX amplifier seems to be a good choice.:fing34: :fing34:

To J LFTN : one of my friend has a 4000 w MTX amp like yours : it is really small for so much power! It looks beautiful but has too much lights and things on it. If you don't hide it, it looks like you have a factory in your car !!!

:peepwall:

lol u wud say that

have fun with your kicker dewwwwwdd

mainstream FTW!

maybe u shud dcyphure the propaganda

so your answer is no answer, which means you don't even know the truth beyond the "teenage cool syndrome". rage up and fight against the machine dewwwdd

if the amp puts out and lasts years, wtf difference does it matter. but you don't know of course. its kinda like why some hate Walmart and go to bobs discount instead.

nah, i'll tell you what the truth is. you have cheaply made products, mid end products and high end products and low production uber high end catering to the wealthy or customizing for them. Quality generally follows research and design and/or license patents. Most audio companies in general do not have any or very many patents themselves, they license from RF,Kicker or whoever designed the specific piece of technology, some of which came from home theater companies years ago. All of which effects price...anything missing and you fail as a company cause no one will buy a junk amp that doesnt work as intended or too high failure rate.

Boss, Jensen..etc. generally cater to the low end product lines but even cheap parts can last forever if design is good...thats why their still around, probably make more money than most.

I still have a Optimus (radioshack) power EQ thats 20 yrs old and still works, but only costed $50 back in the day.

Either way, $430 shipped for a 1000 watt MTX amp is not bad at all, regardless of what you think.

People on forums often think "mainstream" as not so good ! As it's been said, mainstream companies make good and reliable products. They might be too expensive though !:orly3:

Mainstream for you may not be so mainstream for people outside the USA. MTX, JL, Rockford, Kicker,... We're not really used to these brands in my country!!

To the OP : remember that L7 15" are rated for 1000 w rms in sealed enclosures and 750 w rms "only" for ported ones.

Your MTX amplifier seems to be a good choice.:fing34: :fing34:

To J LFTN : one of my friend has a 4000 w MTX amp like yours : it is really small for so much power! It looks beautiful but has too much lights and things on it. If you don't hide it, it looks like you have a factory in your car !!!

:peepwall:

haha yes that is true! the demo mode would be dangerous are people with epilipsy!

Those TE MTX amps are VERY nice. Honestly, I have no problem running certain mainstream amplifiers. Disregard the price, the JL slash amps are one of my favorite mainstream amps. The RF powers are usually a soild choice. I have used Alpine MRV amps in the past. The new PG Ti amps seem to be quite good also, would love to test them out and see how them compare to the PG amps of old.

There are plenty of semi-mainstream amps out there that are also an automatic look at. Zapco is most certainly one of those. :)

Seems like you just want to stay mainstream. Which is fine.

I guess we all can't see the truth in it all. Your paying for a name, nothing more.

The irony here is that most "internet" amplifier companies are using fairly stock OEM'd products from one of the buildhouses. Which means you are, almost literally, simply paying for them to put their name on it.

Many of the mainstream companies have their own unique products designed rather than OEM'ing from a buildhouse. So you are paying for their engineers and/or engineering costs, research and development, and other costs associated with having a unique product designed and manufactured.

Kicker makes a very good amplifier as do so many other companies.

look at various amplifiers and compare the SSF to see whether they are fixed or variable. Quality of crossover etc.

Look into customer service and what kind of technical assistance they offer.

Buy what fits your budget and needs! Not every company is going to offer the exact specifics you are looking for.