chainsaw

its jsut not quite hitting hard?

so I just upgraded my sub and amp. I went from two MTX Roadthunder 12's in a prefab with a Bazooka EL500.1 amp to A DD2510 in a custom ported box with JBL GTO7001 amp. I bought it from my friend. it was loud in his car (a neon) but not quite as loud as my old crappier 12's in my car( a camry). Nothing has changed about the setup except what car its in. My head unit is a JVC KW-NX7000, if that has anything to do with it. We just put it in today and I'm kind of a noob at car audio( I can wire stuff up, I'm just not as versed in the intricacies of it all). I haven't really messed with the settings on the amp yet. Right now it has a nice clear bump for when I listen to rock but not quite the hit I want for rap.

so I just upgraded my sub and amp. I went from two MTX Roadthunder 12's in a prefab with a Bazooka EL500.1 amp to A DD2510 in a custom ported box with JBL GTO7001 amp. I bought it from my friend. it was loud in his car (a neon) but not quite as loud as my old crappier 12's in my car( a camry). Nothing has changed about the setup except what car its in. My head unit is a JVC KW-NX7000, if that has anything to do with it. We just put it in today and I'm kind of a noob at car audio( I can wire stuff up, I'm just not as versed in the intricacies of it all). I haven't really messed with the settings on the amp yet. Right now it has a nice clear bump for when I listen to rock but not quite the hit I want for rap.

I won't be busy tomorrow after around 2. If you want my help just have Matt text me around then.

I won't be busy tomorrow after around 2. If you want my help just have Matt text me around then.

I get off at sixish. I also have your number. I might hit you up, but I'm gonna try and tweak it some myself.

I get off at sixish. I also have your number. I might hit you up, but I'm gonna try and tweak it some myself.

Is the ohm load correct?

I am not surprised that it is not as loud. You went from 226.08 inches of cone area to 78.5 inches of cone area. That is damn near 3x less cone area and the difference on the amp's will not make up the difference on the Cone area.

I am not surprised that it is not as loud. You went from 226.08 inches of cone area to 78.5 inches of cone area. That is damn near 3x less cone area and the difference on the amp's will not make up the difference on the Cone area.

And I had told him this.

Anyway, your voltage at the amp was only 13.2, it should be a lot more than that. The fuse could also use replacing, wont necessarily help, but wont hurt either.

You said you were happy with the settings when I adjusted it?

Edited by dvalue

You expected it to fifty million times louder?

in Matt's car, the same equipment has hit 140 before. I can assure you that right now its nowhere near that. And as far as the ohm load. Matt did 99% of the wiring today, so I guess so. I get the whole cone area deal, but it was always a noticeable difference between sitting in my car with the old stuff and sitting in Matt's car with my new stuff(his old stuff). The voltage should improve when I get the yellow top, but I can't get in until Matt drops in his XSPower. I can probably upgrade the fuse this week.

Every single vehicle is different, you just need to do testing to get it louder. No one starts off being loud you have to start somewhere.

Two different car's too. That custom port may have been tuned to his resonant frequency in his car. Your resonant frequency will be different in your car. There are a lot of variables.. but one thing I was always told "There is no replacement for Displacement"

And I had told him this.

Anyway, your voltage at the amp was only 13.2, it should be a lot more than that. The fuse could also use replacing, wont necessarily help, but wont hurt either.

You said you were happy with the settings when I adjusted it?

Its clear and loudish. I am happy with the quality of it. I sounds great, but I figure it can be tweaked to be a little more beefy when I play rap. I've gotten out of the car at your house before with my ears ringing from the bass. I want that

You don't know ears ringing till you listen to over 150 on music :P

Is this a slot ported box or a Round ported box?

slotted

It's a rear loaded horn designed by PWK

This ^^ lol

Had a friend of mine tell me yesterday that when he first sat in the van he wanted to puke lol

Actually, I only did a 39.3 with that setup, and that was around 46ish Hz. On a tone.

Once again, I did inform him that it would likely not be as loud, but he assured me he wanted to buy it.

This ^^ lol

Had a friend of mine tell me yesterday that when he first sat in the van he wanted to puke lol

Drew, did you sit in Kenny's truck at scrapin? I was :trippy: after that thing.

This ^^ lol

when we were working on Matt's car and we went innovative and sat in that guy's car with the 6 15's I could feel my uvula vibrating

It's easy to make a uvula vibrate, just have to find the resonant frequency :)

Actually, I only did a 39.3 with that setup, and that was around 46ish Hz. On a tone.

Once again, I did inform him that it would likely not be as loud, but he assured me he wanted to buy it.

I know it can vary, but I just know that everything I have now is better than the old stuff. I just figure we can do some tweaking. On the old setup I had it where the remote knob was 25% up on rock/talk radio/etc and 75% or more for rap/ showing off. Right now I don't have the knob hooked up.

you know what? After marinating on it for a day, scratch what I said. I bumped jeezy on the way to work and he sounded killer. :woot: I figure once I get the new battery with some better voltage, it'll really beat. All in all, it was a good purchase.

You just gotta find music with bass close to your box freq. and your cars Res. Freq. The more you listen to it the more youll figure out what songs get loud in your car and which ones don't.