Sign in to follow this  
jrod1050

Xcon tuned to 35hz

Im wondering how a Xcon will perform with 35hz tuning. I know its a little above the optimal tuning but since the majority of music doesnt dip that low I was thinking it may be a good idea. Anybody ever tried it?

It will do great and prolly louder than 30hz on most music in most cars.

People tune these so low because they will kill those low notes and it's fun as hell to shake the bolts lose! :drink40:

35hz would sound very nice.

For whats it worth, I have two icons and my enclosure is tuned to 33hz and it sounds very good.

Although I sometimes think about tuning lower :P

I think im going to try it out and see how I like it. This driver has such a low Fs I thought it may not sound that good in 35hz enclosure

I think im going to try it out and see how I like it. This driver has such a low Fs I thought it may not sound that good in 35hz enclosure

nope, it will :fing34:

it will sound fine, its just a matter of taste at that point.

My 2 XCON 18s are at 33hz and i love it but dont think it would make that great of a difference going to 35 (although it probably will be audible and easy to tell the difference once you get to around 38hz or so)

I would stick to what SSA tells you : 28-33 Hz.

Tune to 33 and that's it !

Why do you want a higher tuning ? Do you have that box already ?

:peepwall:

Wants to tune closer to his cabin peak for that turbo bass on the meter I would guess.

Wants to tune closer to his cabin peak for that turbo bass on the meter I would guess.

:suicide-santa:Aaah!!!!

I understand : he wants it all ! good sound, high numbers on the meter,...:popcorn:

Yea I want it all. Great sound and loud to the ear. My truck has always sounded really strong around 35 hz. Im sure Ill be doing some test with a couple different enclosures

You could always make a port plug for it and if you compete put it in to raise the tuning frequency.