DeezyDee

Help please, small rip on foam ring on fi sub

Hello, today was one of the worst days ever, and what happened I thought never would, but it. So I'm here today to ask for advice.

I was mounting the sub (15 fI Bl) and my hand slipped and ripped the outer foam ring around the sub. It's closer outside towards the steel ring where the holes are, and you can't see it unless you fold the ring. I managed to stop and retract and not run the whole screw drover through, but it did rip. Upon inspecting it closely I lost no material, it's just a 1/8 inch long tear. My question is this fixable? In been reading like crazy and can only see two common solutions. Silicone or superglue. I am leaning more towards the silcone because it won't get stiff hard like superglue.

Any tips, ideas, or suggestions? I appreciate all input. Please help of you can, thanks

Silicone since super glue will not flex or move well, but wait till others chime in.

silicone would be best. Try a small amount on both sides. Your sub will "prolly" be okay.

I had this happen to my Q and I used some stuff called goof. Its just like silicone. It works great and holds up nicely. I only put it on the inside because then you cant see that you made that stupid mistake.

Edited by Miller

dont worry man, its happened to most of us.

just line the foam back up and put a dab of silicone on your finger. smear a little on both sides and let it cure for 24 hours or whatever is recommended on the package. itll be fine after that.

Personally suggest using "Goop"

It's called "The amazing goop"..it can be purchased at any autoparts store or walmart, home depot etc.

It comes in a blue or a red tube...

Update, I think gods in my side. There is no hole, you can't see through the foam but it's got a slash. So today in going to go put something between the two flaps. Leaning more towards goop. But yea no hole, so were back in business.

But a question, can one fi bl 15 handle two 1000d sundown, or one 2000d sundown. I was debating on reconing it to a btl, but I just want a little more... Thump ;)

Update, I think gods in my side. There is no hole, you can't see through the foam but it's got a slash. So today in going to go put something between the two flaps. Leaning more towards goop. But yea no hole, so were back in business.

But a question, can one fi bl 15 handle two 1000d sundown, or one 2000d sundown. I was debating on reconing it to a btl, but I just want a little more... Thump ;)

Is the BL fully lodead? and yes it can handle the 2000d if your very careful with it.

Btw, im pretty sure u can't recone to different models. That would include a different magnet and motor.

Yes the fi bl is fully loaded, made for daily tho. I know it's got all the options.

I have a saz 1000d. Can I buy another 1000 and strap it or just get a 2000?

you cant

Yes the fi bl is fully loaded, made for daily tho. I know it's got all the options.

I have a saz 1000d. Can I buy another 1000 and strap it or just get a 2000?

I'm guessing you have a dual two ohm woofer.. if so, you might as well try to find a 2000 watt amp. When you strap the two 1000s, the lowest recommended ohm load for a daily driver is 2 ohms. With your dual 2 ohm woofer, you can wire it to 1 ohm or 4 ohms. If you hook it up at 4 ohms to the strapped 1000s, you'll only get around 1000 watts. If hook it up at 1 ohm to the strapped 1000s, each amp will be seeing a .5 ohm load which will void the manufacturer warranty, but you'll have 2000+ watts before imp. rise. But then again, people run .5 ohm loads on sundowns daily.. lol if you want to run this low ohm load, you need to have stout electrical system to lower the chances that you will damage your amps and possibly the sub. So how's your electrical?

electrical isnt bad, but im not trying to do anything stupid here... Guess I might recone the BL to a BTL, and get a 2000 and sell the 1000... I just want a little more thump...

electrical isnt bad, but im not trying to do anything stupid here... Guess I might recone the BL to a BTL, and get a 2000 and sell the 1000... I just want a little more thump...

YOU CANT!

You cannot recone a Q to anything but a Q.