Fi Car Audio

Since everyone seems to want Neo...

Nice, and congrats on you're moving forward. Can't wait to see your latest creations.

Very nice. :woot:

You stopped with power handling etc with the N3, is that a good thing or just because it's getting more away from daily use at that point?

N1 may be a neo "Q" to some extent. It straddles the BL/Q line pretty hard, but saves a fair amount of weight. By nature of the new design, it has one heck of a shorting ring in it :)

Really, with respect to power handling... things are all over the place now a days. People are asking why don't we make speakers that handle 10kW each since there are amps that large. Many reasons, and many of those are the amps themselves. The DAF goes exponential at that point too. Internet has done a great disservice to peoples learning curves and ability to set up a system correctly. Having a monster 5kW daily driver requires huge tooling changes and if the DAF holds true, lots of problems with "why did my speaker blow?". Just because Tejcurrent, SMD, BKOLFO4, and others can strap huge power and double the RMS to a speaker for daily, doesnt mean that everyone should or will have similar results. There is a learning curve there that the check book just doesnt allow for. And I am of the mind that when it leaves our doors it needs to be more than right and never come back. We will see how this shift in speakers goes for us and go from there. Surely not saying it wont happen, but not until the current line proves its worth and marketability.

Thanks,

Scott

i would be willing to test a neo Q for a week or two. and i run my Q on 1600 daily and its happy and only gets hot if i take it out side the max settings i set, aka 15-30 sec boost's for demos or at a show. i would like to see a Q that would take ~3k rms, i will drive all the way out to you from GA to kiss your ass.

i would be willing to test a neo Q for a week or two. and i run my Q on 1600 daily and its happy and only gets hot if i take it out side the max settings i set, aka 15-30 sec boost's for demos or at a show. i would like to see a Q that would take ~3k rms, i will drive all the way out to you from GA to kiss your ass.

:suicide-santa:

3K is not asking to much is it? i could probably get a 2k rms to take 3k and use common senths not to blow it.

Id like to see my Jeep get 58 mpg too...lol

Q by nature just isn't a 3kW driver. But its not as far of a stretch as people that want the IB3 to be one ;)

While the Q has shifted some from pure SQ over the iterations and changes, it still sticks to those roots, just rolls with the needs and changes of the customers. To me, a SQish driver doesnt need to handle that kind of power... get two. So far it has been a solid balance with the Q, and we will see how the N1 blurs that some.

Thanks,

Scott

3K is not asking to much is it? i could probably get a 2k rms to take 3k and use common senths not to blow it.

Don't expect a company to make something you want just because you asked nicely.

Demanding so much power handling from an SQ driver is absurd.

Q by nature just isn't a 3kW driver. But its not as far of a stretch as people that want the IB3 to be one ;)

While the Q has shifted some from pure SQ over the iterations and changes, it still sticks to those roots, just rolls with the needs and changes of the customers. To me, a SQish driver doesnt need to handle that kind of power... get two. So far it has been a solid balance with the Q, and we will see how the N1 blurs that some.

Thanks,

Scott

if i could fit two i would have given you the money in my bank account and got a second one, but two 15's i just cant make it work, least i don't think i can.

just asking questions its how i learn. no disrespect.

Thanks,

Scott

if i could fit two i would have given you the money in my bank account and got a second one, but two 15's i just cant make it work, least i don't think i can.

Then get a different vehicle.

Thanks,

Scott

na, not in my budget, put a lot of work in to the Camry. its not going any where.

Thanks,

Scott

na, not in my budget, put a lot of work in to the Camry. its not going any where.

Life is a series of compromises, deal with it :P

Try a BTL instead of your Q and see if the output and sq meets your standards, if not sell it.

just asking questions its how i learn. no disrespect.

Yes no disrespect, I was stating you cannot have sound quality and high power handling, SQ and SPL don't mix

i may try one of the new btl's and see how that goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

duran, thanks for the heads up. i will live with the fact that my Q tops out at 143db and still love the sub. will just get a second sub for SPL play.

duran, thanks for the heads up. i will live with the fact that my Q tops out at 143db and still love the sub. will just get a second sub for SPL play.

I'm really interested in trying some too :)

The problem I'm seeing (and I'm sure will be cleared up in time) is the blurred lines making it difficult to make a choice. It's always easy to make recommendations on others purchases, but harder to pull the trigger when it's your own bank account taking the hit.

It seems the N3 is still a little ways off from production, and I understand it is geared more towards SPL, but will it still be acceptable as a daily sub or more like the SPL version of the Gen 2? I remember when people told me the BTL wasn't a very good daily sub around the time it was released, but it's one of the most popular subs for daily use in the 2000 watt up range now- at least among those who know about it. Will the N3 be more along the recommendations of the original BTL, or is it a true SPL sub that's best left to competitors with one note wonders? Just wondering if I should place my order for some N2s or wait for the N3 :peepwall:

I'm really interested in trying some too :)

The problem I'm seeing (and I'm sure will be cleared up in time) is the blurred lines making it difficult to make a choice. It's always easy to make recommendations on others purchases, but harder to pull the trigger when it's your own bank account taking the hit.

It seems the N3 is still a little ways off from production, and I understand it is geared more towards SPL, but will it still be acceptable as a daily sub or more like the SPL version of the Gen 2? I remember when people told me the BTL wasn't a very good daily sub around the time it was released, but it's one of the most popular subs for daily use in the 2000 watt up range now- at least among those who know about it. Will the N3 be more along the recommendations of the original BTL, or is it a true SPL sub that's best left to competitors with one note wonders? Just wondering if I should place my order for some N2s or wait for the N3 :peepwall:

In the BTL history thread Scott said that the N2 would perform mostly like the 2nd gen BTL which leads me to believe that this one is the Higher powered daily oriented driver.

He said the n3 is even more geared to SPL than the 1st and 2nd gen BTL and not so much a daily driver like the 2nd gen BTL.

In the BTL history thread Scott said that the N2 would perform mostly like the 2nd gen BTL which leads me to believe that this one is the Higher powered daily oriented driver.

He said the n3 is even more geared to SPL than the 1st and 2nd gen BTL and not so much a daily driver like the 2nd gen BTL.

Right, I got that, but you know damn customers never listen to recommendations ;)

I was also told the IA Warden was an SPL driver- which by all means it is- but I got a nice response within .6db from 30-45Hz. I don't mind if it's a bit peaky- but if the N3 will put up better numbers and still sound ok I'd rather go that route.

So do you guys think the new BTLs are going to stay with 3" coils, or is the mighty BTL going to step up to 4 inchers?

So do you guys think the new BTLs are going to stay with 3" coils, or is the mighty BTL going to step up to 4 inchers?

4" coils would be instering to see, not that many 4" coil subs right now. least not that many i know of or can name off the top of my head.

you just want to run 10k to 2 18's.

Something like that ;) I'd love to be the guinea pig if nothing else.