Fi Car Audio

Since everyone seems to want Neo...

I like the old magnets. Those are too small for my taste, don't seem so efficient and seem weaker, jsut my opinion, don't start bashing like a troll :puzzled:

Good job at not knowing wtf you're talking about. Because it's smaller in size, it must be weaker and less efficient. Seems like you're trolling the 60s.

I like the old magnets. Those are too small for my taste, don't seem so efficient and seem weaker, jsut my opinion, don't start bashing like a troll :puzzled:

Have you tried them? Hope your opinion on the driver's efficiency and motor force isn't based off the picture.

Way off :)

Not photo assumed.

Wasn't an FI I wish it was though.

It was a home audio subwoofer, so don't flaem

lol

but that does look like a badass woofer

but I'm too broke to buy it! D:

Not photo assumed.

Wasn't an FI I wish it was though.

It was a home audio subwoofer, so don't flaem

lol

but that does look like a badass woofer

but I'm too broke to buy it! D:

so you were talking about a different neodymium driver... clarification man :P

Neo's have alot of motor force in a small package.

like i said before, ill take a pair of 18s

You are used to ferrite motors obviously, neodymium is a whole different beast by friend.

Any chance there could be a daily version that would do good on 2500-5000rms? I'd love to pop 4 18s back in my truck :peepwall:

Next up... liquid cooled subwoofers :morepower1::peepwall:

i liquid cool my PC's CPU why not my subs?

Because it is hard to cool the coils with liquid in high excursion subs. Yes, you can cool the steel and magnets... but not as effective as the coil itself. Does help some, but not as much as forced air cooling now. We have less thermal issues and more mechanical failure modes. Most come from overexcursion or odd things amps do when pushed too far.

We have other methods of cooling things much better that we have used for industrial applications for linear and rotating motor systems. MUCH more effective than all of the above. But somewhat costly to implement and do have some side issues to deal with in other environments.

Oh yeah... 2nd Gen BTLs are done. New unit info is being worked on and should be up by end of week for orders :)

Thanks,

Scott

that looks insane... me like!

Because it is hard to cool the coils with liquid in high excursion subs. Yes, you can cool the steel and magnets... but not as effective as the coil itself. Does help some, but not as much as forced air cooling now. We have less thermal issues and more mechanical failure modes. Most come from overexcursion or odd things amps do when pushed too far.

We have other methods of cooling things much better that we have used for industrial applications for linear and rotating motor systems. MUCH more effective than all of the above. But somewhat costly to implement and do have some side issues to deal with in other environments.

Oh yeah... 2nd Gen BTLs are done. New unit info is being worked on and should be up by end of week for orders :)

Thanks,

Scott

will we get to see the sub playing in a box?

Thanks,

Scott

:gayhaaay1:

Can we get some more pics of this neo sub?

2nd gen BTL's... will I have trouble running one with the older one i have? Ive been planning on buying a 2nd for a while now.

Thanks,

Scott

2nd gen BTL's you just upgraded... :eek5wavey:

2nd gen BTL's... will I have trouble running one with the older one i have? Ive been planning on buying a 2nd for a while now.

9 times out of 10 no, considering you cant use the old SSD's with the new SSD's. Its going to be some changes that will not make them work together, considering people will want to upgrade there will be plenty of 1st generation btls available.

damn... thats kind of upsetting. I like to buy new, im real happy with this BTL i have now and getting close to buying another.. now thats not gonna be able to happen.. thats life i guess :/

if this is the case it will be the 2nd time running into this problem with fi.. have an older fi q i bought and when i realized i wanted a second they changed up on me lol.. haven't been able to find a match for it yet. guess next time ill just wise up and buy 2 cause damnit i love Fi woofers :)

Edited by smashedz28

It's a good sign that they're not a stagnant company. I really like that Fi upgrades their subs periodically, it means that even though they sell a good product they recognize where it may be improved and act on it. Also it draws in repeat customers who are happy with their current products but have the itch to upgrade. :drink40:

It's a good sign that they're not a stagnant company. I really like that Fi upgrades their subs periodically, it means that even though they sell a good product they recognize where it may be improved and act on it. Also it draws in repeat customers who are happy with their current products but have the itch to upgrade. :drink40:

YES! :P I can only imagine what they've done to the btl, *waits for fi website to be updated*

Well the third generation of the BTL line will have quite a bit more going on. Heatsink is integral to the design (all subs will have them). Using Neo instead of ferrites. Lighter weight for similar performance... similar weight to a Q for the new BTL-N2 (which is the equivalent to the Gen 2 BTL).

BTL history:

Gen 1- 2 stack and 3 stack of 8.7" magnets. Flatwind and high xmax, cooling options.

Gen 2- Single 11.25" magnet. Flatwind and high xmax coils, cooling and inductance/heat ring options

Gen 3- N1: Single slab Neo magnet with integral finned heatsink. Flatwind and high xmax, cooling option 1000W low weight, lower power line

N2: Dual slab Neo magnet with integral finned heatsink. Flatwind and high xmax, cooling option 2000W low weight, similar performance to Gen2 BTL line

N3: Triple slab Neo magnet with integral heatsink. Flatwind and high xmax options. Possible cooling option, but designed more for SPL than normal daily driving. Lighter weight than older Gen1 and Gen2 BTLs, but with more motor force for SPL applications.

N-SG: Still testing. SPL only extreme class split coil sub. Light weight.

So new BTL line will consist of 3-4 different designs. We are waiting on heatsinking (sample extrusions are in and being tested with motors), and the 1 1/4" thick plates to come in. From there we will machine all parts and assemble drivers. We have moved even more production in house and will have our 5th CNC delivered next week. We are also finishing the tooling for the end caps for the N1 and N2 motors and will be molding those in house as well. I am a firm believer that we will make and do ever process in house that we can. We are trying to get Clark County approval for a plating warehouse as well. It will make yet another process for the heatsinks, poles, and plates under our control.

We should have the N1 and N2 info up on the site by the end of the week. N3 info shortly after that. We will be taking orders starting Monday for N1 and N2 subs and should start shipping about 4 weeks later once production ramps up. Always a few tooling/machine/fixture issues to go through with new products once you start making chips.

Thanks,

Scott