Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nelson

My New Death Row 12", 2.2 cu. ft at 30-31hz.

Hey guys. I just finished my sub box last night at about 3:30 am. It comes out to about 2.2 cu. ft. @ 30-31hz. Due to some lack of equipment, I had to build everything with a jigsaw. Not the easiest thing to do. I took some pics of the build, but cannot add pictures yet, I am to newbish I guess.

Anyway, I have been playing the sub today on work breaks and driving around town...All I have to say is WOW. I have it hooked to a Rockford P1000-1BD at 1 ohm, and it hits extremely hard. When I first hooked it up, the bass was pretty loud, just as loud as my Boston G5 was, and to my amazement, the subwoofer was hardly even moving!!!.

I listen to a variety of music, but mostly rap and rock. The death row absolutely destroys rap music. It hits very low bass with authority. Also in shock, it plays just as clearly if not clearer then my old subwoofer did. This I probably like the most about it. On rock, it is very tight and quick. Double bass sounds awsome. I can feel it in my chest everytime. I am almost scared to let this thing loose, as it might break something in my car :drink40:.

I am very pleased with my new Death Row. It was worth the month's wait to get it.

I also want to say thanks to SSA for their outstanding support this last month. They answered my emails basically the same day I sent them. Always kept me updated on my woofers progress when I asked them about it. So thanks again SSA, just got a new customer for life!!!

Another thanks to Nick for such a badass product. I will definately tell friends to buy some of your gear. Thanks for answering my emails as well, very helpful.

I will post my build log when I am able to. I'll be outta town for 2 weeks, So when I get back I will clean up my box, paint/carpet it, and put up my build log. SSA and IA are the shit!!! :drink40:

I love mine too. Check my thread Results Are In.

Cheers to a fellow Death Row owner.

Kef

I love mine too. Check my thread Results Are In.

Cheers to a fellow Death Row owner.

Kef

Lookin good. I wish I could get mine metered, as it sounds pretty loud to me.

:thanx:

That X looks tiny next to the DR.

Can't wait to get this new amp for my fronts, Bosoon GT-22.

Should make for some loud mids :)

Kef

Some More pics of the build. Not quite down with the box. Still need to do some sanding and finishing, but wow is the death row insane!!!

1000849u.jpg

1000850.jpg

1000848i.jpg

1000851v.jpg

1000852s.jpg

1000853.jpg

1000854.jpg

1000855f.jpg

All in all, the seams came out very good considering I did the whole box with a jigsaw.

More pics to come...

(here is link to pics, Not sure why they are so large. http://img185.imageshack.us/i/1000854.jpg/)

Edited by Tony Nelson

nice build...

keep it comin...

Here are some more pics. I finished the box two days ago. I used a gray textured spray paint. I have used it on a couple of friend's boxes. I really like how it turns out. The port has flat black spray on/inside it. Really like how this box turned out.

imag0624copy.jpg

imag0626k.jpg

imag0627copy.jpg

imag0628copy.jpg

imag0629o.jpg

imag0631w.jpg

I'm not sure why it looks like a light spot in the paint on top edge of box. In person it does not seem that way.

I will also post this in the build log section. Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures. :drink40:

:drink40:

Nice :woot:

My DR 12" took 1500 daily and 2235 clamped for burp for 141.9 @ 53hz. Tuff guy I admit.

Good Stuff man. Box looks good and solid. Glad you like the DR. They are a tough woofer. Glad you feel it was worth the wait.

Good Stuff man. Box looks good and solid. Glad you like the DR. They are a tough woofer. Glad you feel it was worth the wait.

I was definately worth the wait. I recommend your products to everyone that I know.

I do too. There is a local who used to sell at a shop, and he said my DR was "nice for a cheap woofer, a Kicker CVX would murder it".

I just chuckled.

Kef