justinharry1

(2) 15 Fully Loaded BTLs or (2) 15 DD 3500?

I need some serious opinion on this not opinions about what brand you prefer but truly which sub is the better overall woofer. I have (2) T2000.1bd RF, RF Line Driver BLD, 2 Kinetic HC 2000 racing series batteries, big 3, high output alternator, Monster Cable 402 series RCAs, Pioneer Priemere 980T head unit. I have never had experience with either brand but from what ive heard the 3500 will walk the BTL (fact or is someone dreaming?)

No way you can run the RF 2000 on each BL or the 3500's if you do you must be very careful because your going double the rated power. Get 2 BTL's or the 9500's but i do not recommend you using the bl's off 2000+ rms. Whats your budget on subs?

You sure they weren't comparing the DD 9500 to the BTL?

No ha obviously if i was talkin bout the 9500 i would of said it =p... but in all seriousness the guy im talkin to owns a 2 door tahoe with (4) dd 9515s with a wall and hits 159.6...so its not like the guy dont know his stuff but he swears up and down that DD has the better sound and will outperform the BTL. He told me the BTL is a good woofer but he told me he would sell me 2 brand new 3500 for the same price as the BTLs because he knows ill be satisfied with the 3500s. The RMS is 1200 on it and the Peak is 4000. I have seen people at my local audio competition put 3k on one and drive it as a daily no problem so the woofers can handle power. My T2000s put out roughly 2852 watts at 1 0hm (according to birth certifiacte, other one is 2822). Also sorry to say you dint answer my question =s

No way you can run the RF 2000 on each BL or the 3500's if you do you must be very careful because your going double the rated power. Get 2 BTL's or the 9500's but i do not recommend you using the bl's off 2000+ rms. Whats your budget on subs?

Not trying to be a dick but man you gotta read what i wrote before you answer ha..Nowhere in my post does it say anything bout BLs brother...Strictly wrote (BTL)

Hey Cheese, he said BTL :trippy:

IMO BTL.

man maybe im really impatient but i havent got 1 thorough or detalied reply that can even help me ha...wish someone could give me a good comparison...if there is one...

man maybe im really impatient but i havent got 1 thorough or detalied reply that can even help me ha...wish someone could give me a good comparison...if there is one...

LOL it's only been up 24 min... people are still at work... you are impatient! lol but i think the BTL will be louder.. The sensitivity of the BTL 15 is 1.1 Db greater than the sensitivity of the DD 3515

hey i have never heard the dd's but my btl is by far the best/loudest/best sounding woofer i have heard i'n my car with what ive got they are absolutly amazing in my mind ive got 1 12" on a saz2000d in a 2.5 ft3 box tuned to 33hz

You sure they weren't comparing the DD 9500 to the BTL?

No ha obviously if i was talkin bout the 9500 i would of said it =p... but in all seriousness the guy im talkin to owns a 2 door tahoe with (4) dd 9515s with a wall and hits 159.6...so its not like the guy dont know his stuff but he swears up and down that DD has the better sound and will outperform the BTL. He told me the BTL is a good woofer but he told me he would sell me 2 brand new 3500 for the same price as the BTLs because he knows ill be satisfied with the 3500s. The RMS is 1200 on it and the Peak is 4000. I have seen people at my local audio competition put 3k on one and drive it as a daily no problem so the woofers can handle power. My T2000s put out roughly 2852 watts at 1 0hm (according to birth certifiacte, other one is 2822). Also sorry to say you dint answer my question =s

I own a DD 9512 so I have no opposition to DD or Fi.. but I think he's just trying to get business..

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

Yep, you are being misled.

Yes i agree i was joking bout the impatient part ha im just sayin i wish people would reply with more of tips to my question then other stuff but hey its no big deal...Im sure this guy is trying to get me to buy from him. $921 for (2) 15 BTLs fully loaded and shipped to my door... 1,000$ plus tax for DDs from audio shop....originally he wantd like 630 a piece for the dds but he said hed go down to 500 cuz he doesnt want me to make the mistake of going with FI...I originally was gonna get FI until DD kinda slowly creeped into the picture. Ive heard the sound quality on them are amazing but im looking for SPL first then SQ....a good balance of both and ill be smiling =)

Amazing? They sound like fart cannons, but in reality with your goals you don't care anyways. The DD 3500 and SQ should NEVER, NEVER, EVER be used in the same sentence as SQ...adding amazing REALLY made me laugh.

Amazing? They sound like fart cannons, but in reality with your goals you don't care anyways. The DD 3500 and SQ should NEVER, NEVER, EVER be used in the same sentence as SQ...adding amazing REALLY made me laugh.

dude chill out...i obviousy posted that i know nothing about either woofer man....i just put what i hear out here for you guys to read so i can get more opinions. how am i ever gonna learn what i want without personall opinions? so bash the DDs thats cool but does that mean your saying the BTL is the way to go? cuz thats all i need to know. sorry if im comin off like a dick its just kinda what im gettin out of you man =s

id say go with the btl it surpassed all my expectations

How is warranty on Fi subwoofers? i notice there website doesnt even have a number to call!

Just a heads up...

I paid $223.20 shipped for the first 3515's that came out (yes i've been around that long and owned nearly every woofer DD has ever made)...and there isn't that much difference from when then then they are now.

That guy is trying to rip you off and talk you into 3515's...because he's making money off of you.

I'll put a BTL up against a 9515 any day of the week when low end linear output is concerned...much less a 3515.

From everything i ever read on BTLs resulted in a very happy customer

How is warranty on Fi subwoofers? i notice there website doesnt even have a number to call!

There isn't a warranty on the BTL's...because they only break if you do something stupid. If it is a manufacturing defect then we'll take care of that.

DD has the same thing..as is any other car audio "manufacturer"..if you burn stuff up because of doing something dumb they aren't going to cover it under warranty.

dude chill out...i obviousy posted that i know nothing about either woofer man....i just put what i hear out here for you guys to read so i can get more opinions. how am i ever gonna learn what i want without personall opinions? so bash the DDs thats cool but does that mean your saying the BTL is the way to go? cuz thats all i need to know. sorry if im comin off like a dick its just kinda what im gettin out of you man =s

And you also obviously don't know how to read the noob guidelines of this forum. You agreed to them when you joined and blatantly ignored them. They are in my sig if you need a refresher.

As I stated the first time I posted in your thread, the guy who you are dealing with is flat out lying to you or is an ignorant idiot. You really don't want to waste your money on those DD's.

There isn't a warranty on the BTL's...because they only break if you do something stupid. If it is a manufacturing defect then we'll take care of that.

DD has the same thing..as is any other car audio "manufacturer"..if you burn stuff up because of doing something dumb they aren't going to cover it under warranty.

NDMstang65 for the win...THANK YOU for literally the best overall description...simple yet to the point! 3515s are a rip off and the BTLs can be more compared to the 9515s so for 100 dollars less go with the BTLs fully loaded correct? (p chamber, cooling, and heat ring) 2 0hm so i can wire them to a 1 ohm load 1 per amp...sound smart?

And you also obviously don't know how to read the noob guidelines of this forum. You agreed to them when you joined and blatantly ignored them. They are in my sig if you need a refresher.

As I stated the first time I posted in your thread, the guy who you are dealing with is flat out lying to you or is an ignorant idiot. You really don't want to waste your money on those DD's.

sorry man i just didnt feel like i disrespected you in anyway and kinda felt like i got it in return..i apoligize just seems like your having a bad case of the mondays =) ill read you right i did ignore it and i never realized how serious it is on these forums. Definately gonna look read it and THANKS for the opinion. sorry for the inconveniance i apologize and you dont see that often...

im just saying. could be an option. But if your looking at balance of spl and sq. i heard fi q are pretty damn good in that category.