Sign in to follow this  
Hell-Razor

New box design

Alright well I finally have a new box design for my level 5 15". I just need some help with those of you who have built boxes in very tight situations. I have about an inch on the left and right side to spare and a few inches on top. I cannot build it outside and then toss the box in because my trunk space is too small. Rotating it will be difficult as well.. I have read on here people doing very big boxes in small areas inside their car. Pictures will be posted soon in my build log as well!

good luck with it man.....gonna be a bitch building it inside the trunk hope it will hold up to the level 5

if you double wall the top, bottom, front and back, you can build the box outside of the car in two pieces purposely leaving one of the double wall pieces longer than the other.. and do this so the two boxes will "zipper" together once inside of the trunk...

Keep in mind i've never built in a trunk! Just a crazy idea of mine! We'll see what others think..

I pre drilled ALL holes and assembled the box outside the car first. I took special care to make each corner overlaped a way I could still get to the screws. ie not up from the bottom, etc. I used a right angle drill with torques/star headed screws so I didn't have to hold pressure on the drill head.

med_gallery_10399_356_210705.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_863893.jpg

You can run blocks (2x2's or 45's) on all the inside corners and screw the box together from the inside, should be good with enough glue. this was my other idea.:D

You can run blocks (2x2's or 45's) on all the inside corners and screw the box together from the inside, should be good with enough glue. this was my other idea.:D

Sweet! I like all the ideas... thanks a lot

Build as much as you can outside of the trunk then assemble in the trunk.