Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Lancelot

XS Power VCM

Hey all.

So these finally came back in to stock and I jumped on one time I saw it.

My vehicle - GMC Yukon with 5.3

My Irraggi Amputator was charging real nice first thing in the morning getting up to 14v then a few minutes later, it would settle in at around 13.6v and stay there pretty much all day. I was not happy and was considering buying another alt.

I purchased the VCM from the SSA store and as usual communication and ship time were first class.

Installation was straight forward taking around 15-20 minutes. There is really no way to install it wrong as it's plug and play. I mounted it temporarily as I wanted to find the sweet spot as to where to set it to charge. I will mount it behind my plexi cover where my Stinger is now in the future.

As for the results...I am 110% satisfied! My voltage first thing in the morning is 15.3 and once things warm up the VCM keeps things plugging along 14.8 all day long. I could set it to charge higher, but I felt this was plenty for daily driving.

This is a wonderful product and I am completely satisfied with the purchase. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get that little extra and have complete control over their charging voltage.

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

With the VCM do you have to get your alt externally regulated?

no, it plugs into the wire harness port on your alt then the car's harness plugs into the VCM harness.