Sign in to follow this  
icy_chris

new box

hey guys i'm going to try a different stlye port than my slot port that ive always done and i'm wondering if anyone knows where to find some aero ports and whitch would sound better 2 6" ports or 3 4" ? its going to be for my 12" btl d2 daily. on my saz2000d amp box will be 2.5ft3 i'm looking for a low bass my current box is 32-33hz but my port area is too big and the sub tends to bottom out at high volume. and does anyone have any views if it would make a bigger difference going to a 30hz tuning ?

1) it's more than loud lol but I'm just curious if dropping it to 30 would sacrifice allot of that loudness or by ear would i notice?

2) would going from 2-6" aero ports to 3-4" ports change the sound at all

Edited by icy_chris

With Aero ports you can use roughly 50% less port area than a standard slot port.

As far any audible SQ or SPL increases/decreases, I don't think you will be able to notice unless you meter it.

I just built a box for my IA DR 18" using 4 4" Aeros and I like the result so far.

A tuning of 30hz will give you a flatter response with a nice gradual roll off at tuning. Tuning higher will give you louder bump and sharper roll off at tuning.

ok so i listen to alot of hard rock like metlica and rap do you have any thoughts on the tuneing that would sound good for both ? i think mine is close to 32hz and it's good for both but havent heard other tunings do you suggest i keep it at 32 ?

and does anyone know a good site to order some ports from ?

My personal preference has always been 35-38hz. I listen to mainly metal, rock and very little rap/hip hop.

Pasrts Express has the Precision Ports (Aeros)

hey guys i'm going to try a different stlye port than my slot port that ive always done and i'm wondering if anyone knows where to find some aero ports and whitch would sound better 2 6" ports or 3 4" ? its going to be for my 12" btl d2 daily. on my saz2000d amp box will be 2.5ft3 i'm looking for a low bass my current box is 32-33hz but my port area is too big and the sub tends to bottom out at high volume. and does anyone have any views if it would make a bigger difference going to a 30hz tuning ?

BTL's aren't able to bottom out because of the huge bumped back plate ;)

so would that be a clipped signal i'm hearing then?

bc my port is 4" by 13.5" by 41"long and internal volume with sub subtraction is 2.5ft 3 port area would be 54"2

Edited by icy_chris