whatnow275

car for subs

i have a 2000 ford taurus with a 1500w rms powerbass amp and two 12" kicker cvx's. does anyone have any experience with the taurus for bass? basically i am wondering how involved it would be to upgrade the + wire from my 130 amp alternator (my lights dim and voltage drops), and how well the car handles bass. i am trying to decide whether or not to dynamat extreme the trunk.

Every car can benefit from the Big3 and the sound dampener.

I'd choose SecondSkin for sound deadener instead of Dynamat.

i put a 15" solobaric in my bro's 00 mercury sable. same car assuming your talking about the sedan? some things i noticed are that the rear deck doesn't handle the bass well at all. our plan is to wall off the ski pass. we would still have to deaden the rear deck.. if you dont wish to do a wall then i would heavily recommend deadening the rear deck and trunk lid followed with spray foam in all the gaps.

i put a 15" solobaric in my bro's 00 mercury sable. same car assuming your talking about the sedan? some things i noticed are that the rear deck doesn't handle the bass well at all. our plan is to wall off the ski pass. we would still have to deaden the rear deck.. if you dont wish to do a wall then i would heavily recommend deadening the rear deck and trunk lid followed with spray foam in all the gaps.

what do you mean wall off the ski pass? i have the seats down, it would be great if the deck could be taken out, but it cant..

Save yourself some money and contact Don at http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi and let him know what your trying to acheive. He will sell you exactly what you need.

Definitely complete the "Big 3" and when it comes to bass in the trunk, it's going to take testing to find out what sounds best to your ears.

Would help to add a 2nd battery in the trunk. just a suggestion.

Would help to add a 2nd battery in the trunk. just a suggestion.

yeah i already put a smaller battery back there, i probably need another one