jellyfish420

Guess what i got....

i got it today. i haven't had a lot of time to listen to it. i had it started out in 7ft sealed. didn't sound to bad, but not alot of output. opened her up...6ft @ 37Hz. ALOT more output. i'm running the bare min 800w, this baby is power hungry! w/ less than 1000w i've heard better...sorry mike :( this weekend i'm getting together w/ my friend, and were gonna play w/ LOTS of power ;) maybe strapping it to a pair of bd1000's :ohsnap:

here is some pics of it sitting by my 15's, holding its own, and my ghetto box for it.

10150248xy.jpg

10150253rg.jpg

10150326om.jpg

10150338jj.jpg

10150278sh.jpg

10150295ic.jpg

:wub:

BTW what soundstreams are those that look so monsterous??? :faintthud:

That thing is all magnet, i swear

Looks like you got it wanging pretty good.

I like the little grafitti you did, looks coo

P.S

Those Sounstreams arent that big.......compared to a 15 RL-s

looking good...

and real quick, those scuffs on the basket are my fault...the mounting hole in my box wasn't big enough. oops... :ban:

and on low power in the big sealed, jelly, what do you mean you've heard better? output wise or sq wise? because in all honesty, in car, IMO, both of those boxes are too big. kinda cool though it can handle 800wrms in 7ft^3 sealed or 6ft^3 ported..lol. i bet not too many twelves would like that.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

some nice shots there

why is there a lightning bolt on the gasket? :)

GO TC!

come on man...at least change that on the production units

why is there a lightning bolt on the gasket? :)

GO TC!

come on man...at least change that on the production units

Yea, yea I got suckered into that one :lol2:

They slipped by a batch of those on my RL-p12 D2 group buy order since those are what they had in stock at the moment, and since this is the first complaint I've heard (actually received a few compliments prior!), I figured I'd let 'em keep using them until they're out. All current RL-s drivers will come with the embossed gasket.

No problem about those scratches mrray - it's bound to happen sooner or later! :poop:

.. and Jelly, indeed these coils are closer to single 4ohm than single 3ohm. The boxes were labeled prior to testing the end product, hence the discrepancy. I will scratch out the "3" on future shipments in order to avoid confusion. This driver is designed to shine with 1000 - 1600 watts.

I like the lightning bolts. Looks better than your average rubber gasket

.. and Jelly, indeed these coils are closer to single 4ohm than single 3ohm.  The boxes were labeled prior to testing the end product, hence the discrepancy.  I will scratch out the "3" on future shipments in order to avoid confusion.  This driver is designed to shine with 1000 - 1600 watts.

ya i droped my 12 soundstream T4 in the same box i was using for the RL-s, and it did way better. with the impedance being so high, i'm probably only giving it 5-600 watts :( so i took it out of my car for the time being :( no sence in breaking it. tommorow i'm meeting my friend and putting first a single bd1000, then strapping the pair to it :bigok: i think i may even borrow the amp i got my sister far a week, it does 880w @ 4ohm, and if its as underrated as my soundstream, it'll be at least 1k :)

As Tim Allen would say:

More POWER !

argh argh argh

no offense but you guys have measly power lol. mike, would u like to send it to me to test? It might break in shipping or testing. but it'd be worth it if I got to test it 1st lol. my mm4000.1d are capable of 4krms 4ohms bridged each at about 13v where they drop to. should be intresting. I'm going to try a soloX 10" to see if it'll take the pressure. if it does I'll get rid of my MT and get another solox 10" and with two amps it should be as loud as the 18" off one more stealthy.

well my friend came over, and he don't have a sync cable :(

i could probably come close syncing the amps w/ a meter. . . but its not something i wanted to do when neither the amps or sub is mine.

so later today i might get the other amp in.

I sure hope you get a chance to sync those amp's - this is a woofer thirsty for lots o' juice!  :domoslay:

i would love to, i can tell this female dog is power hungry. but w/ out the cable, i'm afraid i'm not even gonna try :(

u know...i'm so stuck on getting this sub its ridiculous

nice vid

well i shipped it off today. it had some pros and cons....

it sounded out great sealed, but lacked the output i expected. granted i was running the boxes a little on the big side, but this was a demo to see what worked and what didn't. when i opened it up, and ran it 6.5ft @ 32Hz it definatly had ALOT more output. it had and akward peak around 50, which is why mike suggest porting ~15Hz. this thing is a low end monster, but in the same respect you gotta feed it! w/ the power i had available (880w @ 4ohm) i believe there is better to be had. i dropped in my sisters soundstream T4 12 in the same box, w/ the same power, and had some of my friends listen, and we all agreed that the T4 was louder, and the LMT was cleaner. i just didn't have the power and/or the box that the sub wanted. but there is no doubt in my mind that the LMT would hand the T4 its ass in a different setup.