Sign in to follow this  
dorian01

2 ssd 12 vs 1 bl 15

im planning my system right now and im wondering if i should get 2 ssd 12 plain (850 rms each) or 1 fully loaded bl 12 or 15 (1700rms). i want this system to be loud as fuck but have great quality. 95% of the music ill be listening to will be death metal so the bass will need quick response but i dont want the bass to overpower the music, i still want to be able to hear all the guitar notes. (example of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjV24TD0c8)

equipment:

hifonics brz1700.1

2 kinetik 1800's

0 and 2 awg wire

90 amp stock alternator

10 farad rockford capacitor

4 rockford 6.5 components

eventually:

fi sub(s)

box tuned to 33hz

rockford t400-4

clarion eq

and audio control epic-160

the bass will overpower your fronts/mids, so you'll likely want to upgrade your frontstage as well... but you can always add some bass and then decide if your front stage needs upgrading.

im planning my system right now and im wondering if i should get 2 ssd 12 plain (850 rms each) or 1 fully loaded bl 12 or 15 (1700rms). i want this system to be loud as fuck but have great quality. 95% of the music ill be listening to will be death metal so the bass will need quick response but i dont want the bass to overpower the music, i still want to be able to hear all the guitar notes. (example of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjV24TD0c8)

equipment:

hifonics brz1700.1

2 kinetik 1800's

0 and 2 awg wire

90 amp stock alternator

10 farad rockford capacitor

4 rockford 6.5 components

eventually:

fi sub(s)

box tuned to 33hz

rockford t400-4

clarion eq

and audio control epic-160

I'm a proponent of single sub systems. Without a doubt either setup will drown the highs if they are not amplified. IMO I would run a single sub in a 2.5 ported box. And purchase the front stage amp with the money left over. Moreover, I would look into the sundown SA series.

the bass will overpower your fronts/mids, so you'll likely want to upgrade your frontstage as well... but you can always add some bass and then decide if your front stage needs upgrading.

you think it would overpower the components even when i have the t400-4 on them? the components are Rockford Fosgate Punch P1653 6-1/2" 3-way Full Range Speakers 60 rms each.

you think it would overpower the components even when i have the t400-4 on them? the components are Rockford Fosgate Punch P1653 6-1/2" 3-way Full Range Speakers 60 rms each.

you didn't specify what amp they were on... And to answer your question, I don't know.

Put your fi driver(s) in and see what happens. If you can't hear your front then I guess there not loud enough, if you can hear them then I guess their fine huh :P

alright im leaning towards a 15" bl fully loaded at 2ohms. going to wire it up in parallel to 1 ohm. what box size would be the best?

Usually they recommend 3-5ft^3 after sub, port and bracing displacement. 4-5ft^3 or how much room you have available.

im a newb at car audio so im not sure if putting that much watts though a bl is a good idea. it will be safer for me to get 2 12 ssd with 850 watts each. i have a labyrinth slot sub box, 1.65 ft per chamber, tuned to 40 hz. would this fuck the subs up if i put 2 ssd in this box till i get enough money to get a box to the exact specifications? one last question, u think 2 sealed 12 ssd would be louder than 1 15 bl ported?

To answer your question. If that box you were talking about is pre fab and not custom built it wont necessarily mess up your subs but they will sound like crap. For now if you go with the ssds just get a simple sealed box built for the subs until you can get the money to buy a nice quality custom built enclosure. Don't cut corners. If you cant afford the whole setup without making it quality then take a step down.

If done correctly, a single 15" bl ported would be louder then two 12" ssds sealed.

If done correctly, a single 15" bl ported would be louder then two 12" ssds sealed.

The 15 bl fully loaded with 3.5ft^3 ported box from fisher customs is $564. 2 ssd ported with a 4ft^3 from fisher customs costs $593, so im going with the 2 12 ssd ported for a little more $$. im not sure if fi charges shipping for the subs because i didnt add that in. Overtime, here i come.

Good choice on subs !

Don't buy the eq, don't buy the epic 160 : you don't need those!

Forget about the RF cap too !

One set of components should be enough for your front (doors?).

You don't need rear speakers at all. As or look around on the forum, and you will not see a lot of rear speakers.

But you do need an amp for the speakers.

The single BL will be cheaper, when you add shipping costs. Give it 1000 watts or a little more and you will love it.

Honnestly, you can be good with a single 12" bl ported. You will be able to add a 2nd bl later on the same amp! Get a DVC 1 to play at 2 Ohms, with the 2nd you will have a 1 ohm load on your amp.

Good luck.

2 12's would be louder, good choice on subs.

You could also look at the SSA enclosures. :fing34:

Yes, look into Khaotic enclosures. They are having a crazy opening sale going on.

(links are on the top of like every page on the forum but incase you're blind... Khaotik Enclosures - SSA STORE

damn those would be nice for the ssd. i could use it later when i upgrade to 2 12 btl. i wonder if the color blue chrome for fi symbol would match the blue on the enclosure vent, the batteries and wire are all blue so i kinda want it to match. but white vent would look sick with white fi symbol. im defiantly going to get one tho when i get the money.

Edited by CorpseGrinder

Try to get that money quick, as soon as they get 20 boxes bought, the prices go up to normal cost!

(i also choose the chrome blue dustcap :fing34:

Sign in to follow this